Cooking Tiger Nuts

Elton

Posted on behalf of Lisamarie. Please add all replies to this thread:

how do i cook tiger nuts?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Step 1 - kill the tiger. :D

Maybe I'm just lazy or barbaric or something but I always soaked them for a day or three and used them. Never saw a need to cook them.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Step 1 - kill the tiger. :D

Maybe I'm just lazy or barbaric or something but I always soaked them for a day or three and used them. Never saw a need to cook them.

Careful Newt, you could get hanged over here for not cooking your nuts before carp fishing!.............remember fluffy....or floppy....or whatever the last poor pot-bellied thing was called that died from eating a skip full of uncooked nuts.....bloody uproar ensued!

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I use large tiger nuts and, to be on the safe side, soak them for three days and then boil them for at least half an hour.

I then keep them in the same water for a few days, until it starts to get sticky, then freeze them.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

As Newt says, no need to cook them....BUT...this is England, so this is what I do..

Put 2 pints of water in a saucepan, add a teaspoon of Robin Red powder

Gently stew them until they have fully swelled up, plus a bit longer.

Lift them out with a strainer (saving the water) and tip them out on to a worktop or similar,and allow to almost dry off.

While they are still hot, but almost dry, put a couple of handfulls in a plastic bag, add a 1/2 teaspoon of Robin Red, shake well and allow to cool before freezing down.

The RR will only have penetrated the skins while cooking, but the powder will stick to them when added in the bag.

It don't get better than that :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

just a quick one a bit off topic but may aswell,

One of my lakes that i am able to fish is a very weedy one and carp run to 40lb and are very finicky and i was considering finding a clear spot and baiting it up with a couple of handfuls of Mainline Cell freeze range boilies (taking handfuls out of the freezer each time i go) for about a week but what do you think? Is Tiger nuts a better option or a good spod mix?

My PB's

[Tench-8lb] [Carp-17lb] [bream-7lb] [Pike-12lb] [Roach-1lb] [Rudd-14oz] [Crucian-2lb]

Rigg.d, if you can bait with a handful of tigers a couple of times a week, then you probably get some sort of result within about 3 weeks.

When I fished Sutton No2, i would slip a handful in on several swims...mostly "on the way in" and "on the way out" .....................less noticeable that way :) Took from August until early October before the first fish, but there was no stopping me after that :) :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic