Call For An "Essential" Role For Sea Anglers In New Era Of Conservation

News Release From The Angling Trust

Click here to view the full article

Looks like a begging letter. Some people have argued and lobbied to be part of the "fishing community" for years and it seems they now have their wish but find its not the nice place they expected it to be.

he laments it using the term “fishing community” to cover all fishing, including sea angling. “We feel strongly it will be taken to mean simply the high profile commercial fishing industry, ignoring by default the very valuable recreational angling industry.”

If you fish you fish. If you were lucky enough to do it out-with the "community", as most of us have, then whats going to follow from the political types getting the spotlight on us is going to be a shock; but its okay, by the time it all works through its our kids that lose something, not us.. <_<

Just an opinion.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Quote: Peter Macconnell, chairman of the Angling Trust sea angling conservation group, says it is “a matter of serious concern” that no specific mention has been made of sea anglers being included in the new Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authorities (IFCAs)” some of which may have 30 members

end quote.

The a t has only just cottended on to this, it's history they are looking a t, missed the boat as usual. Many months ago i mentioned the fact that when they was setting these up the anglers, those who have little effect on the habitats etc, were either bottom of the list or not specificly asked to join, compared with the rest of the greenie rabble who have proberbly never been on a fishing or angling boat in their life. Then there are the inevitable l a councillors, who just like to control. Most important that they are aboard.

Don't trust the a t in any event as they have their own agenda for the rsa.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I thought that people have been actively encouraged to apply for positions on the new IFCA, s have a lot of angling rep, s applied and been turned down? Or have many anglers applied and been turned down.

Tommy.

Most sea anglers, having grown up with very few rules or regs, and more than likely attracted to the Sea because its not controlled to the hilt , are unlikely to have a clue what an IFCA is. What is an IFCA by the way?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• 3 weeks later...
I thought that people have been actively encouraged to apply for positions on the new IFCA, s have a lot of angling rep, s applied and been turned down? Or have many anglers applied and been turned down.

Tommy.

Tommy, I ‘am an RSA totally independent of the any organisation including the AT and have applied to join my local IFCA. I have done so in the hope that I might be able in some small way leave a better managed and stocked resource for future generations. I hate unnecessary rules and regulations but clearly some are needed, any way my point is that the process for those joining IFCA’s is only just now at the interview stage indeed mine is tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

I hate unnecessary rules and regulations but clearly some are needed, any way my point is that the process for those joining IFCA’s is only just now at the interview stage indeed mine is tomorrow.

Sounds like the job is yours, Deene'O. Knowing what you are talking about is unlikely to be an essential requirement. You should fit in perfectly.

God help us!

PS. Which IFCA have you applied for?

What is an IFCA by the way?

Is it something like a ngo that lives off the back of the ratepayer, so called protection of the stock, now their going for full alledged protection of the rocks as well. Their good at showing bared teeth like when a certain Mr Carlin thought he would take a few anglers out for a fishing competition and fernly whittingstall had chartered his boat to do a bit of filming. Yet with the help of mr carrier this taxpayer funded ngo had other ideas and allowed the full weight of the law to intervene as it was classed as decimation of the stock and we can't have that can we. Now they are moving on to create even more laws to protect the rocks and woe betide anyone who drops anchor on any rock or sea grass. There's already an outcry by the greenies that a voluntary no drop anchor zone is being ignored (studland bay) and nasty boat owners are decimating the grass to the detriment of sea horses. There is no evidence of this decimation btw. Yet at certain parts of the year the foreshore turns green with what looks like to be tons of mown grass, no i'm not talking about when the draggers have been through (am i) i'm talking about after a storm, However the greenie law makers will ignore that. So i can just see the likes of mr carrier and his newbies sitting around the round tables voting for rules and more rules without any evidence because they think they are doing the right thing.

Footnote, if the judge conciders that mr carrier has been wasting public funds and dissmisses the case that will mean they will have to go back and re-write the rule book that they created as all the bigger boats will be able to fish with impunity within six mile instead of permanent 1m extensions on the back of the boats that are being ignored by the likes of mr carrier at the mo. Think it's all bull, no it's true, ask my mate Bob, Deen'O he will back me up. :D

Deen'O, make sure you go in a green suit for your interview, and don't forget to say yesssir, no sirrr, please and thank you, cos i know what you are like. Na Good luck to you Bob. :)

regards mad barry

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Sounds like the job is yours, Deene'O. Knowing what you are talking about is unlikely to be an essential requirement. You should fit in perfectly.

God help us!

PS. Which IFCA have you applied for?

Essex. :whistling: