Coarse Fishing.

HERUTILUS

That's a good idea. It wouldn't help me because when I've made the cast I need to unclip the line anyway so I can hang on and adjust swingers/bobbins, but for some methods that would be a brilliant little feature!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is now a reel on the market that has a line clip actually 'designed' for hitting the same distance and actually releases the ine when you start playing a fish. Its been advertised and reviewed in the weeklies in the past couple of weeks.

Here it is - the MAP ACS - auto clip system

http://www.map-fishing.co.uk/reels.html

Looks like a good idea that.

Another little trick that can help when clipping up is to fold a small peace of insulation tape round the line and put that under the clip. Not only does it help protect the line from the clip, but it gives you something to quickly get hold of and pull if need to unclip quickly. Its not much good on rods with small eyes.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep