Hi am new to this site and new to fishing

Steor1234

Hi just thought I would say hi and just a quick question I am look for some where to go float fishing with magot as bait I just want to know if any one know lake rudyard and would I have a chance of catching any think with a feeder rod and a siZe 18 hook with magots?? Sorry if it's a daft question.

Hi just thought I would say hi and just a quick question I am look for some where to go float fishing with magot as bait I just want to know if any one know lake rudyard and would I have a chance of catching any think with a feeder rod and a siZe 18 hook with magots?? Sorry if it's a daft question.

Whenever you use maggots there is always a chance of catching in any place that has fish in it. I do not know of the place you want to fish as i am not local to it but a size 18 hook with maggot is what i use whenever im fishing for silvers or trotting. Every fish i can think of will take a maggot so you have a very good chance. Just bait up a swim and sprinkle some maggots in little and often and you will surely see some action quickly enough.

Also if you are planning on using a feeder rod instead of a float rod why not try using a maggot feeder instead of a float? It can be a deadly method especially for bream and roach. Even carp and tench will come along.

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

2 lb line and 18 hook with maggots on a light float rod should catch you all sorts this time of the year on lakes, in fact maybe a bit light if a big tench or carp put in an apperance. if canal fishing then this is perfect. make sure you have a disgorger with you and plumb the depth properly. have a look at this book or similar.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Freshwater-Fishing...mp;sr=8-3-fkmr0

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Is there any watyer in lake rudyard at the moment? I'm sure it's probablt drying out isn't it? I used to licve and work inthe area and it was always one of the first to suffer when ti was dry.

That said, as far as I know, there are tons of fish in it. I'm sure maggot would be fine, but the diffifulty may be reaching the fish if the banks are high and dry. Mind you, I haven't been there for nearly 20 years.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

The matchmen who fish Rudyard every week invariably use the feeder, as the fish on the main match length (in front of the miniature railway) tend to stay well out (30-40 yds).

The bottom on a lot of the pegs on that stretch is also very rocky and a graveyard for feeders, so it needs a long cast to get past the rocks. If you try the shallower water up at the Rushton Spencer end (plenty of fish up there at this time of year), you might have more chance of catching closer in on the waggler.