Ea Licences

wotnobivvy

I have posted before about not being able to buy a licence in advance of a 12th birthday. I wrote to the EA about this, and also asked about rolling annual renewal the same as car tax, instead of a fixed time each year. I post their reply without comment

Thankyou for your email regarding your sons rod licence.

The system used to issue rod licences can not issue a licence to anyone under the age of 12 as they do not require one. It would only be able to issue a licence after the person has turned 12 even if this falls in the middle of the season.

The rod licence season runs on an annual cycle from 1 April to 31 March. This system keeps costs to a minimum and keeps licence duties as low as possible.

Treasury rules dictate that income from rod licences must be spent within the financial year and this method makes best use of our income. It would be very difficult for us to plan our work if our major sales period were to occur around Christmas, for example.

By operating on a financial year basis, we can remind all anglers to renew their licences through publicity campaigns in March through to June. If all licences were issued on a rolling basis, we would have to operate a system of reminders for every individual licence holder which would result in extra costs that would have to be passed on to anglers.

The current licensing set up was created after a public consultation in 1994, which included our Fisheries Advisory Committees. This was then approved by the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAFF).

The current system appears to satisfy the majority of anglers

Edited by wotnobivvy

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Thanks no bivvy :) that has cleared up one point for me.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

The current system appears to satisfy the majority of anglers
Yeah, right B) Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

So, as I understand it, any money left over each year is seized by the treasury and used for other things?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

So, as I understand it, any money left over each year is seized by the treasury and used for other things?

Den

I don't think there's any left over - the Government pays a huge amount into the EA on an annual basis.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I don't think there's any left over - the Government pays a huge amount into the EA on an annual basis.

Well that answers another question :)

Den