Franklin expedition

Zigs

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38459028/ns/te...cience-science/

This has become legend, and now it's reality

http://www.wtv-zone.com/phyrst/audio/nfld/02/northwest.htm

More here

http://www.awesomestories.com/history/mumm...edition-mummies

Been folowing this for 20 odd years. Whole expedition was doomed from the outset. They took one of the earliest forms of tinned food with them, trouble was the tins were soldered with lead, which seeped into the food & gave most of them a horrible death from lead poisoning. proper tragedy, dying from that while the ship was stuck in the ice, don't bear thinking about.

Edited by ziggy searchfield

and going by the photo its just as they left it :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I remember reading about this tragedy in the newspapers back in the '80s, and especially a photo of one of the sailors that was published. It must have been tough, and there was no Shackleton to save them. No wonder there were so many mad Roman Emperors. Everything they ate and drank out of had lead in or on it.

Good post, Ziggy.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Cheers Severus,

Had the excavation on video, was amazed to see one of the guys was so well preserved, with his eyes still open. Ive had labourers that didn't look as well as him.

I always thought that they knew approximately where HMS Investigator was; it is the Erebus and Terror That have yet to be located.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.