great stuff

Gray-Catchpole

Johnny:

Its a skimmer Bream. One of my favorite fish behind tench (typical Irish view). Don't even joke about using a beauty like that as bait!!!

NEWT, I knew you were going to get us in trouble with the CATBAIT SHOT...LMAO

RONAN

DAVIDP, THANX, for the info on what it was...

[ 23 February 2002, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: RONAN ]

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew MR Catchpole you had me worried about you mate not having a licence.

Hoorah more new anglers.

Keep at em MR Catchpole tight lines to all jangar

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Gray - that was a seriously nice fish in the picture and it is always great to introduce new folks to the fun of angling.

All - thank you for the kind invites. I would seriously love a UK/Holland trip and if finances permit, some year soon I may be able to.

I wonder - do you think Dragonbat would like to show me around? :D:D Well, probably not. (see the Ultrabite thread )

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Well, the photo just made my day. The smile on the face says it all really and thats why we go fishing. Yes, the fish is definitely a bream but as others have already pointed out we do like to confuse things here in the UK by calling smaller bream 'skimmers'or 'skimmer bream' and I've never met two anglers who could agree when a skimmer becomes a 'proper' bream. At one of my local lakes there is a large head of skimmers and the average size seems to be increasing year on year. We still call them skimmers though even though some of them are now 2.5 lbs in weight and it causes no end of confusion in club matches when someone says they have a 'net of skimmers' as this could mean anything from a few pounds if they are small to 30 - 40 pounds if they are 'big skimmers'. Still we love to kid each other right up to the weigh-in and it all adds to the fun. Well done Gary - now go and catch a few more! :)

Yes he looks pleased as punch with the "skimmer"

Keep your mate at it Gray

PS what did you catch? come on now the truth

Tight lines to all

Lets all stick together :D:D

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

to be honest, i thought i would spend most of the time helping gary and his son, as i said earlier that both picked it up really fast, so after just a couple of hours i was fishing too, and i had more than my fair share of fish including a very nice bream some smaller ones a nice perch, loads of gudgeon and some lovely rudd.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道