Tope fishing in Scotland

wellyphant

Just come back from my second tope and pollock fishing trip with one of the Onyer Marks fleet based at Drummore.This time we went out with Matthew on Onyer Marks Too.

I can't recommend these lads highly enough,,Matthew was very helpful and enthusiastic,it's nice to see a skipper working hard to get you on to the fish.

The weather was against us this time,meaning we couldn't go too far out offshore,,we still managed a few fish though.We all caught tope but i did the best(just thought i'd get that in)..I managed two 20's,two 30's and two 50's,biggest 55lb

20lb+

IMG_1939.jpg

30lb+

IMG_1943.jpg

55lb

IMG_1946.jpg

These fish are very strong fighters,stripping yards of line off the reels with their long deep runs,,they are very difficult to hold still for a picture aswell,very strong fish..We also had plenty of Pollock up to double figures,loads of doggies,plenty of good bullhuss,3 kinds of gurnard,haddock,whiting and of course mackarel for bait,,very enjoyable indeed

Just come back from my second tope and pollock fishing trip with one of the Onyer Marks fleet based at Drummore.This time we went out with Matthew on Onyer Marks Too.

I can't recommend these lads highly enough,,Matthew was very helpful and enthusiastic,it's nice to see a skipper working hard to get you on to the fish.

The weather was against us this time,meaning we couldn't go too far out offshore,,we still managed a few fish though.We all caught tope but i did the best(just thought i'd get that in)..I managed two 20's,two 30's and two 50's,biggest 55lb

20lb+

IMG_1939.jpg

30lb+

IMG_1943.jpg

55lb

IMG_1946.jpg

These fish are very strong fighters,stripping yards of line off the reels with their long deep runs,,they are very difficult to hold still for a picture aswell,very strong fish..We also had plenty of Pollock up to double figures,loads of doggies,plenty of good bullhuss,3 kinds of gurnard,haddock,whiting and of course mackarel for bait,,very enjoyable indeed

Well dne guys, sounds like a nice trip with some quality fish. Can you tell me how much a trip is please ? Me and mate are heading up soon to sample some of the quality bass fishing there, but we may also want to do some toping if the price is right.

Well dne guys, sounds like a nice trip with some quality fish. Can you tell me how much a trip is please ? Me and mate are heading up soon to sample some of the quality bass fishing there, but we may also want to do some toping if the price is right.

It aint cheap,,at £200 a day for the boat but you get what you pay for...

Edited by wellyphant

Well done on the good fishing and good pics. Yes all of the Onyermarks skippers Ian,Matthew,Spike and Andy work their socks off to get you quality fish :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy