ebay

barry luxton

Looking for a computer, being tight i have been taking me time and looking at several auctions. One company in particular are holding one day auctions on three machines. The end time comes and they are relisted immeadiatly. Looking at the bidding, one guy in particular bids on all three machines within three minutes, always putting the same amount in. Always coming second or third and they go for the same amount of money. This has been going on for the last week. Yesterday he actually 'won' one of the machines on purpose or accidently who knows. However today he is still there bidding at the same time interval and the same monies and the same machines. I have a list of many of the auctions that this one has been involved with and it don't look right.

Last night i have a rolling conversation with an ebay rep who looked at nine of the auctions and this guy was prelevant in all of them. To be told that, nope there is nothing amiss.

Huh, it's as plain as plain to see that it smells. Any comments? I'm going to look at this for the next few days. do you think i'm an anorack. :blink:

Perhaps someone can suggest where else i can have a look for a reasonable machine, not p c world btw.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got my old PC up for sale but it all depends on what spec you're after, what O/S you want etc.

For example mine is 1.75 GHz on a Rock M/B running 2GB DDR1 RAM, 512MB Graphics card and additional Fan, all hooked up to a 17" Flat Monitor. O/S is primarily Windows XP but I run it with a secondary O/S, Ubuntu, which is a Linux variation on a Gnutella framework (so I'm told) which I find, gets the best out of the power available to it and is therefore faster. Missus don't like it tho hence XP is still on lol.

Need your system requirements before anyone can really help.

As to the shill bidding, if the winner pays via PayPal, I believe it is regarded as above board and legal.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

I've got my old PC up for sale but it all depends on what spec you're after, what O/S you want etc.

For example mine is 1.75 GHz on a Rock M/B running 2GB DDR1 RAM, 512MB Graphics card and additional Fan, all hooked up to a 17" Flat Monitor. O/S is primarily Windows XP but I run it with a secondary O/S, Ubuntu, which is a Linux variation on a Gnutella framework (so I'm told) which I find, gets the best out of the power available to it and is therefore faster. Missus don't like it tho hence XP is still on lol.

Need your system requirements before anyone can really help.

As to the shill bidding, if the winner pays via PayPal, I believe it is regarded as above board and legal.

Renrag

Thanks for the offer Renrag, replacing my broken 4 core with 3 gb ddr2 ram and 1000 mb card. only 15months old and an engineer told me it wern't fit for purpose so pc world give me half me dosh back. and there's some on here will chew me ears off if i mention..............................

vista. :D

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Thats fair 'nuff lol. Running Vista on my system atm. Only a 3 core but running 4GB RAM and had no probs. Its a home build anyway.

If you're looking for a high end PC that works then your best bet is a home build. Its really simple. Just work out what you want. Look on eBay for your motherboard, preferably with processor/s (not essential tho, they're easy enough to fit and cheaper if without) attached and with the requisite RAM and Graphic Card slots. Pick up a cheap power supply unit sufficient/compatible and try to either get a case with the product code for the O/S you want to run on it (wink wink), or get a harddrive (any size) with your preferred O/S already installed and slave a premium drive to it, of the size you really want. Helps keep the initial O/S drive uncluttered. Its far easier to get what you want/need this way, without having to compromise on any part like the readybuilt PC's.

First time took me 3 days of research, 2 weeks buying bits and 5-6hrs to assemble with frequent checks on how to do whichever bit I was on.

Now its addictive and I buy upgrades whenever I feel like it, knowing exactly what sockets I now need.

Keep a little handbook on what sockets your processors and RAM/GC are and then you can go loony if you really want to.

Oh, and if you think its too hard think again, if I can do it, really and truthfully, ANYONE can!

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, the last one i had was hand made by a computer guy, after it was up and running it appeared that he was allways paying a visit to twiddle with something or other, in the end, after the screen blew up the brain melted or something like that, so i thought better than get one made, i'll get one off the self, the mother board melted.

So the motto of the story is................. i dunno what to try next or is it me and machines. B)

still got me 750 gb hard drive with me info on it, just haven't got a machine to go with it.

Edited by barry luxton

Like most things, PC's do occasionally need 'adjusting' and its easy enough to do yourself for most things through the control panel.

If the 'brain' melted then he could have been conning you as there are safety limits which can usually only be breached by 'overclocking' so he could have sold you a 1.8GHz processor, clocked up as a 2.2GHZ.

Can't work out how you melted the MB tho, maybe a power supply malfunction or a surge maybe, never done it myself. Its quite fun seeing how much you can overclock an old processor tho. Once got a 1GHz up to about 2.8GHz. Ran ok until I pressed a button... a quiet pfft later and all went dark. At least it was an honourable death lol!

A bit of research should tell you if you're capable of it or not, after all, if you can balance a carb or tie a spade-end knot, it'll be childs play.

Renrag

All goes through a surge protector. And the machine had two fans running, one on the card.

After the event, p c world told me it was an uneconomic repair, the pc engineers confirmed the same, while that was going on i actually spoke to the manufactures of the existing mb, to be passed onto their uk suppliers, who kindly spend quite some time with me. They told me i could use half a dozen different boards. In the meantime i acutally found the exact same spec board on.................... ebay. Told the pc guys, they told me that packard bell had adopted and fiddled with the mb to suit what they had loaded it with, or overloaded. Even with the exact same board the machine would never be the same and it wasn't a high spec board. I could have had it repaired away from pc world, but no thanks. So in the meantime pc world decided to give me half me money back, so i'm off looking for a replacement. What it has seriously made me is a lot more careful, in hindsight. so lessons have been learned. Very interesting.

Yes i can tie an improved clinch knot or an albright, am i qualified. :D

Edited by barry luxton

Lol, well I can't so you're far more capable, I rely on a 6 turn snell and it works for me!

I can't say its the only way to go but with a little effort it can be done and done reliably with less financial outlay. Plus you'll have a far better idea of what is actually going on inside your computer.

Sorry I can't help any further as I don't know much more and I'm not on the market atm but it might be worth a look at a DIY PC while you peruse the web for off the shelf systems.

Hope you get what you want! Hope its cheap too lol :lol:

Renrag

I thank you for your interest and regards. :D

Edited by barry luxton

Barry, have a look at Novatech, heard lots of good things about them from techies who know what they're talking about. Actually bought one myself a few months ago and am well pleased with it.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"