12’ Zebco Rhino DF Special Feeder rod

Gray-Catchpole

i recently purchased this rod, and i am very happy with it, but i have a few questions.

the rod comes with three tips, one 1.5oz and two 2oz, is this right, i though i should have either a 1oz or a 2.5oz, rather than two 2oz`s.

the other question is, are there any reviews of the rod, ive searched all over the net and cant find a thing.

i know it was reviewed in angling times, a while back, does anyone still have a copy.

thanks

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Gray, seem to remember that the 2ozs tips were one glass & one carbon.

Hard to say this but I could be wrrrrrong.

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

Gray - I am winging it here just a bit but I seem to remember the Rhino rods are made much the same as the Ugly Stik with a graphite core and fiberglass around it. They are now putting a clear tip on some of the shorter rods sold here that have some Kevlar in them.

If any of your tips are somewhat clearish and have a trace of red in them, they will be the kevlar ones.

Whatever it turns out to be, they make a very tough rod. Not likely to fail unless you run a large truck over it when it is lying on a hard surface. And maybe not even then.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Newt

all three tips are definetly glass, i bought it last week while at the NEC, ive used it three times, and it copes with big fish very well for such a sensetive rod, zebco use a composite caled df, and you can really bend the rods in half with no problem, at the show i lifted a 2lb weight on the rod. They are so confident in the material used they give a lifetime warenty.

i wanted something to replace a rod i had borrowed from keith truscott, i had fallen in love with his rod, a leeder barbel combo, and knew it had to go back soon, and this rod fited the bill perfectly.

keith if you are there lurking , i just want to say thanks, you have made me buy some decent gear, at last :D

[ 10 March 2002, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Gray-Catchpole ]

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Well Gray - I am a huge fan of both the Rhino and Ugly Stik rods.

About the only time I use any other sort is for lure fishing when I absolutely must have as much "feel" as possible. Soft plastics, jigs, and the like. Can't beat good graphite for that.

For all my bait angling and for lure work with crank baits, I really prefer either glass or the carbon/glass combinations.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Gray, I've just phoned West Midlands Angling Centre who avertise that rod. The catalogue does't give the tip size BUT the guys there say 1/2oz 1oz and 2ozs. Hope this helps. :):)

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.