First trip of the autumn near Lowestoft

benacre

Just returned from a grand day out on the beach near Lowestoft Suffolk. a few Dabs, albeit small, loads of throw back Whiting at dusk. No Cod as yet but a small Bass and a Doggie on the running leger with Peeler. It has got my taste buds going and another session is forthcoming this weekend

I'm lucky to go fishing everyday (when the FPO allows me)

East Anglian Fishing Forum

http://www.easternanglers.co.uk/

good to see some fish coming out. gonna have a go at dunwich in a few weeks time. cant wait to try out the new shimano vengances that i have just bought

good to see some fish coming out. gonna have a go at dunwich in a few weeks time. cant wait to try out the new shimano vengances that i have just bought

Well not much doing today small whiting but no Cod, might join u at Dunwich on a couple of weeks or failing that might try Aldeburgh

I'm lucky to go fishing everyday (when the FPO allows me)

East Anglian Fishing Forum

http://www.easternanglers.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...

Going to dunwich on saturday. New rods polished, new reels full of braid and worms ordered. I can't wait hopefully some rouge cod about to pull my tip over. will let you know if it was a waste of good bait or not

As promised the results of saturday.

The sea is paved with whiting, they were everywhere, had around 80 between me and the old man. Plus a dozen or so flatties. Didn't bring any home because really just do it for the sport but guessing you could have taken 20 or so that were worth filleting.

Hitting it 150 or flicking it 50 yards didn't matter, the rods were bouncing all the time. Actually got to the point where i was waiting for at least 3 bites on a rod before i got up, just to have a sit down.

There were a bloody lot of people down there too, quite why people try to fish in your pocket is beyond me. The old man could have shared his brolly with the bloke who cramed himself next to us, then he came to see where we were casting (let me think - infront of us, thats it). He did keep dragging the bloke to his right in though so maybe he'll get the picture next time.

The shore fishing up here is excellent at the momment in our club match on sunday night the whitby seaanglers club the best bag of the season was weighed in it was 27lb i myself had 5 cod for 17lb there is fish everwhere.

paul

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg