Specimen Landing Nets - Putting them together.

Chris Playle

Chris...have a look at specimen nets that are

designed for quick release...the arm tension is

applied via a cord attached to the handle and is

easily disasembled for weighing fish

Expensive option though......

Be Lucky!....miasma..

Or another option worth looking at is the Fastnet, where the whole net assembly remains permanently attached, and collapses back up the handle. Has anyone any experience of these, because I've always liked the idea of them, but wondered how sturdy they were.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I've had a large and a small Fastnet for years with no problems at all,they are ideal for wandering,quickly erected and folded you don't have to fight the wind by carrying them made up.

The Springlok catch and carry mentioned by miasma was designed by the same person who designed the Fastnet and is primarily aimed at the carp angler(the net detaches to be used as a weigh sling/temporary sack)but could obviously be used for any fish.

To answer the original question I think gaffer has it right,don't try and bend the arm you are putting in,bend the first one you put into the spreader on the ground until the second arm goes in easily.