Anyone fish Tingreth (Beds)

Danez

I only live a few miles from this fishery (Dunstable) and have just taken up fishing again and used to go tench fishing, i was wondering if anyone has been tench fishing there and what they thought of the place. also is it a day ticket water.

Thanks.

Danez,

never fished Tingrith, but looked in there, looks nice enough, BUT, for Tench fishing, you have somewhere a little closer to home.

TRING RESERVOIRS, about 7-8 miles from you, Number 61 bus if you have no car.

I used to fish for Tench on Marsworth, fantastic feeder fishing for 4-6lb Tench, plus plenty of Bream.

For Specimens fish Wilstone, fish to 14lbs caught in the past, but a lot harder going.

I now only lure fish, and go to tring regularly, the Tench fishers group are often set up on Wilstone for weeks and weeks, nice guys, and good for info.

Have a go on Marsworth, fish the green bank, near the closest corner ( near canal/Startops resi), fish about 30 yrds out, you should bag up.

all the best

Dan

[ 04 June 2002, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Danny H ]

Hi Danez - I have fished at Tingrith alot over the last 3 years.

For tench, you need to fish on the middle of the 3 lakes which is called "Orchid lake".Plenty of tench in there of all sizes as well as carp to high 20's, crucians,roach, bream etc.

Day tickets from the cafe or bait shop on arrival - £7.50/£9.50 2 rods.

Phone to check if there is a match booking on the lake for the day you want to go.

They have a website;

http://www.tingrithfishery.co.uk

Lovely place, nice people and plenty of fish.

P.S. See coarse fishing reports forum for details of my last visit.

[ 05 June 2002, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: ColinR ]

One of the first ever articles on this site mentioned Tring:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/chevin01.htm

Ahhh, memories :)

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Great article, Like Chevin I am now moving away ( not so far, but far enough), and I'm going to miss such a great place, £4, allday, 3 big resi's too chose from- good value.

You can now night fish (must have yearly permit, not day ticket), also B. Double is still the bailiff.

But boats have gone from Wilstone, only bank fishing is now allowed