sex change fish

Alan Branson

Having worked on this issue for nearly 10 years on behalf of the SACG/SAA I partially welcome this report. The reason I say partially, is because it only tells a fraction of the whole story. Now that, and forget the journalist hype on this, may be because the scientists were only asked to look at the effects of the pill.

The whole story however, includes many other substances that enter our rivers from many defused sources that emit to land, water and air.

The bigger question for us as anglers is "Are the powers that be, now going to scientifically investigate all the other substances in tern and build a full picture, or will we have to wait 200-300 years before that picture emerges?"

I suppose the ultimate acid test is "Are the Govt. now going to act on this at breakneck speed, and pass legislation forcing the Water Cos to install stripping equipment, which will also act on other known endocrine disrupters?

[ 18 March 2002, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: phil hackett ]

phil h.

Scary stuff for sure.

And more scary with me trying to figure out why you folks took a perfectly good word like estrogen and put an extra "o" on the front.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt....transatlantic spelling differences ? look what happened when you started the north south thing.Does the American version of scrabble allow English spellings ? we are forced to accept some American spellings.

Martin.

[ 18 March 2002, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: M Godliman ]

Alan - sorry for the partial hijack of a very serious thread. Hopefully folks will have the idea before they get down this far.

M Godliman:

... Does the American version of scrabble allow English spellings ? we are forced to accept some American spellings. ...

Martin - sorry but I just don't know. If not it certainly should though.

I do know that just about the time I think I've seen most of the variations (from spending so much time on here reading? ), a new-to-me one will crop up as oestrogen/estrogen did.

[ 18 March 2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President