Ultra bite

fish slime

I was fishing my local pond last tuesday and was really struggling,so i decided to try some ultra bite,i put one full tube on 1 pint of maggots which resulted in an excellent days fishing.

I went back to the pond yesterday and was catching rather well,i decided to put ultra bite on my maggots again to try boost my swim but all it did was kill it off.

This has happened at other fisheries for me,do you think the stuff is any good?

tite lines fish slime :rolleyes:

I've used Ultra bite aswell. Within 10 minutes my Dad had an 11lb 8oz Carp on Luncheaon Meat, flavoured with a few drops of the Ultra bite stuff. After that me and him had nothing the whole day! I think thats its so distinct, once a fish has been caught on it, it will never go near it again!?

fish slime:

I was fishing my local pond last tuesday and was really struggling,so i decided to try some ultra bite,i put one full tube on 1 pint of maggots which resulted in an excellent days fishing.

I went back to the pond yesterday and was catching rather well,i decided to put ultra bite on my maggots again to try boost my swim but all it did was kill it off.

This has happened at other fisheries for me,do you think the stuff is any good?

tite lines fish slime   :rolleyes:

Its other name is Ultra S***e

phil h.

Er - don't the directions call for only a few (as in 3 or 4) drops per pound of bait?

Sounds like you folks are using way too much and then declaring it crap because it doesn't work right.

Scopex is good and has been around forever but I strongly suspect that dumping a gallon or two into your swim would put the fish off as well.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Er - don't the directions call for only a few (as in 3 or 4) drops per pound of bait?

Sounds like you folks are using way too much and then declaring it crap because it doesn't work right.

Scopex is good and has been around forever but I strongly suspect that dumping a gallon or two into your swim would put the fish off as well.

Newt the first time this subject came up I e-mail the company to send me all the scientific paper they had to back up the claims they were making. Surprise, surprise, I’m still waiting for them. In fact I’m still waiting for any response whatsoever to the e-mails (3) that I sent them.

Sorry mate its still Ultra S***e

Not to dissimilar from the company’s record on responding to requests for information.

[ 23 July 2002, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: phil hackett ]

phil h.

LOL - Phil, you could well have a point there.

But a full tube in a single container of maggots seems like a bit of over-kill maybe as does soaking a bait in the stuff.

[ 23 July 2002, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'd also say that you have added too much.

One thing that you should bear in mind is that the fish don't actually eat the Ultrabite: It is an attractor that draws fish into your swim in search of food items. The more you put into the water the more it will disperse-this means that the feeding fish will be spread out in a wider area in front of you.

I have been using Ultrabite for the past year and find it to be really good for river carp. I add it to my method mix and put a line of the mix out across the river. The Ultrabite slowly releases from the method mix and flows downstream, drawing the fish upstream towards my hookbait and freebies. I add one bottle to 5 kilos of method mix now which may sound very little, but it works for me.

If you want to see some of my catch reports visit www.fish-on.co.uk Hope it helps.

I have also found the people at Ultrabite very slow in replying to emails.

Cheers

Boz