Trapped

John 'BLOCK'

Anyone else trapped in an office at the moment wishing they were fishing......I KNOW I AM !! :D

Trying to devise ways i can quit work and fish.....seems that all plans work themselves back

to being skint for bait and living in a bivvy ! :confused:

Mind you if anyone out there has a plan.........

I'm all ears !!!

:P

John "The Block" Westley

Hi John,

I am currently staring out the window at work in Belfast, picturing my local lake with a large empty space where I should be. :(:(

Ah well it looks I will have to console myself with the thought that I will be fishing it on Saturday, however before that I will be lure fishing for sea trout on Friday evening.

Roll on ther weekend - happy days. :D:D:D

Guest NickInTheNorth

I went the whole way, it's great. :) :cool:

My wife works, I do some freelance type things when the mood strikes. Just got back from 8 days taking photographs along the west coat of Scotland for a calendar - it's amazing how many lochs along the way contain wonderful wild brown trout!! We seem to get by. But the cost of living here is pretty cheap. :D

As an alternative, if you have any kids the tax man is giving money away if you work a bit (16 hours or more per week). Even self employed and making no money! Be a self employed writer, write about fishing, try and sell articles to magazines, you might not succeed, but you can still qualify for Working Families Tax Credit. Rent your house don't buy it, then the council will help out a bit more.

If you own a car that's worth anything sell it, buy an old landrover, it'll leak oil all over the place, break down frequently, the chassis will rust, but they are so simple even I can keep one running, and bits cost virtually nothing. Also insurance is cheap(er) and no-one seems to nick 'em.

Grow your own veg, catch your own fish (yes you can still eat them). Shop at markets, especially late in the day, they give food away!

Nearly forgot, brew your own beer (8p per pint) and wine (a pretty good Merlot for about 90p per bottle)!

If you want to break away from the rat race DO IT. We have all become trapped in the never ending cycle of work to afford leisure, which means that we never have time to enjoy leisure activities.

Once you sort out the real priorities in life it doesn't have to cost a fortune to live, but you have to accept that your new lifestyle might be a bit different to your old one.

The other option of course is to play LOTTO, and win a fortune. Probably an even better idea is to run a company that can convince someone to spend £72m to rebrand the best cash cow ever to walk in Britain to a really original name.

[ 08 May 2002, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: NickInTheNorth ]

Nick, whilst I agree with being a FREE spirit I can't say I agree with sponging off the system. To be a TRUE free spirit one needs to be totally independant of the system, not part of it.

Alan.

Guest NickInTheNorth

Alan, I quite agree, however John 'BLOCK' asked if anyone had a plan. I made some suggestions which could be used if one chose do so. I do not offer it as a good solution, merely a possibility.

Speaking personally I am making my way quite nicely without state help.