Tench feeding habits

John Fish

John,

it may depend on the waters you fish.

One local pond usualy fishes from 7 till 11

then switches off

Other ponds will fish thru the day but even these may go off on realy hot days.

I have had good results on hot days by fishing in the shade.

Regular feeding and fishing tight to the margins

may help. Tight Lines..

Not sure you can keep them feeding all day?

As Tench69 says, it depends to a large extent on the feeding habits of Tench on a particular water.

The exception might be that, under Lily pads and the like, they could still feed if they hadn't already eaten enough.

But Tench are (usually!) one of the most finicky of feeders outside of their established 'mealtimes'.

Hello

would defenitely agree with the above posts but as

a general bit of advice i would say feed little and often during the day,fish close to margins or features,

prebait if you can (this has helped me to get tench feeding even in the middle of very hot sunny days in july),and do something to coulour up the water either buy introducing a cloudy groundbait or by raking if you can (sometimes when the tench go off the feed raking even im the middle of a session can have em back on in half an hour)

hope this helps

good luck

Adam

On some gravel pits in particular tench will feed during the heat of the day. However, on most other venues I find early and late best. During the day sport is slower but I find you can continue to catch where the light is lower. This means swims that are shaded, perhaps in fact in thick weed, or in deeper water.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Early season, shallow warmer water, but when the water warms all over, say over 50f or 10c then the most consistant sport can be had in deeper water of between 7 and 12 feet. During mid April until early June Haggots and casters take some beating feed little and often along with hemp. Thereafter anything goes, boilies, lobworms, corn, pellets and bread. By August/September return to small baits and light feeding as per spring methods.

Good luck

Alan.

Sorry to stray from thread John you got mail

Jangar :o:o:o:o

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Are you ignoring my mail, come on and have some manners John :P:P

Andy

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”