game fishermen

hunter

I fish my local river for pike to 20lb's,a bad day is catching anything under 10lb's.So why oh why are gamefishermen still killing large pike.?

I watched two the other day they did'nt catch any gamefish so they set up shop for pike,after catching a pike of around 10/15 lb's it was then killed and thown up the bank.

I catch the odd salmon and i return them to fight again,should i start to kill them and leave them on the bank,do i turn a blind eye {it's only a fu**in pike i was told when i spoke to them}yeah and it's only a dumb salmon was my reply.We have no EA to fight our case in Scotland the same as they have down south.

What should i do {apart from taking my gun and shooting the *****}

WHAT DO YOU THINK

HUNTER

tight lines all

[ 21 February 2002, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: John S ]

You might not have the EA there, but isn't there any organisations you can talk to about this?

Unfortunately, it's something that is far too common in England too, and it seems that only education will stop it

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Most of Scotland is game fishing , coarse anglers up here have a hard time,even buying maggots gets a laugh in some tackle shops.On some waters you pay 4 quid for a permit and the money goes to the water sports folk {skying and boating crew}never has it seen a new fish in all the years i fished it{i havent fished it in the last 5 years,and it's only 1/2 a mile from my home}.The Scotland team used to practise on it,they havent been back for about the last 5 years ither.Dont get me wrong their are a lot of good fisheries in scotland run by coarse anglers but alas the top of the tree here is trout and salmon.

We coarse anglers are thought of as rubbish.

sorry folks but this realy pisses me off

i go now to dream of big pike eating gamefishermen lol

tight lines folks

HUNTER

The first action is to talk to said fish killers. Second, if its a club water, is to inform the PAC who have an excellent advice leaflet on why big pike, and pike in general, should be returned alive. The third option is to kill any salmon you catch & sling 'em on the bank to rot! The forth option is to substitute the salmon for the fish killing 'game' fishermen.

i feel for you hunter

you could aproach the so called anglers, but that can result in a less than satisfactory result ie a smack in the mouth, or worse, and a tit for tat as peter sugest`s(no disrespect meant peter) isnt the way to go either, its just not game(pardon the pun), the fisheries in scotland run by coarse anglers that you mention could hold the answer, or at least a start of some form of aliance or recognised body in your parts.

sorry this isnt really any help but im at a loss to what you can do really, read leons article, and pass it around as much as possible, you have the internet and im sure you have some contact with the fisheries you mention so email them and give it a go.

we are yet again under threat of losing all our pike on our local waters so as i said at the start, i sort of know how you feel.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道