Match Fishing For Carp

Elton

Can a few of you offer advice to this angler, please?:

quote:

I intend to fish in a match for carp, only been a few times carp fishing but would like some tips on a basic pole rig. You here and see vast amounts of rigs and to be honest it baffles me which to use. You might know the venue? It's in Nottingham near Gunthorpe bridge, If you know the Anchor pub it's just before that on Peacock lane carp pond.

Carp can be in the 2lb mark up to 10lb the pond is oval in size if you look at an egg on it's side the wind blows left to right most of the time the water normally is coloured depth three feet to eight in places max, sorry for waffling, desperate to catch nice carp, I seem to take ages to get a bite is there any way to have bites more often any tips would be appreciated.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Ok 2 options:

1) Use a waggler set to the right depth with sweetcorn on the hook (size 16). Feed lots of sweetcorn in over the top.

2) Use an open end feeder packed with hemp and groundbait. Choped worm in the feeder will make it even better. Again a size 16 with sweetcorn or meat.

Both of these have caught me big bags of carp. Good luck!

Regards

Ed 'Herefords bagging machine'

www.kingfisher-club.vze.com

When I match fished for carp. (2 - 10lb) i'd use 3lb mainline 2lb hooklenght and fish either sweetcorn, maggott, meat about 6in overdepth on a 16/18 hook. Brilllllllllllllllllllllll.

Mark