Pike Fishing Nationals

Elton

Can anyone help this gentleman out?

quote:

Could I please pester you for a little information? as I am a little new to the world of freshwater fishing.

On December 9th 2001 at Bluebell lakes in Oundle Northamptonshire, I entered my second Pike fishing match and low and behold I came in second with a nine pound seven ounce Pike.

I left my name and address as I was told that this would qualify me for entering the Nationals.

Now we are steadily aproaching the end of 2002 with only four months to go I havent yet heard anything from anyone relating to any national events or competitions.

Could you tell me who I should contact in relation to this matter please? I would be very grateful for any help you may be able to offer.

I live in Kettering Northamptonshire so I would assume that somebody within the East Midlands area somewhere organises this event, I dont know.

I do enjoy Pike fishing very much and it would be a great shame to have missed the oppertunity to fish in this event.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Elton its probaly be the ACA British Pike Championship it is held on the forty foot and sixteen foot drains in Cambs in Oct not too sure what date yet, but if u keep a eye on the Angling Times during August the entry form will be in it. (hey elton i bet peter waller will write a post here but shhhh he doesnt like pike matches) JP

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

JackPike:

Hi Peter i like to start piking half way through August being busy catching tench Cheers Jp

The first few weeks of the season are always magic for piking down this way. It normally then tails off about mid July and then picks up again mid September. You're lucky with the tench, non round here. Some excellent bream though.

Hi , i remember the date Sat, 12th of October being mentioned somewhere, but a bit nearer it will be advertised in A.T. etc with a entry form which i think you have apply with,stating where and when you qualified etc along with your cheque.

Then your paper work is sent to you a week or so before the event.

Hope this helps but keep an eye on the angling press a bit later on.

Good Luck.

Use a Lure Instead !! ;)