River Derwent?

billy bob barbel

You could try yedingham You use to tickets from the pub there or malton free fishing there, Stamford bridge free fishing

the fish you could catch are chub,roach,dace,eels,and bream you will most likly catch Sod all its a bad river to fish very hard going for little reward

You would be better trying some ponds around there or if you want to try a river travle that little more and try the Ouse or Swale A better class of fishing

I could say why the derwent is so bad BUT i would get sude

dave holmes:

dave holmes:

:rolleyes: Hi, DOES ANYONE FISH THE RIVER DERWENT?,I AM HOLIDAYING AT FILEY SOON AND THIS IS THE CLOSEST RIVER ACCORDING TO THE MAP,WHAT SPECIES THAT KIND OF THING?,ANY HELP GRATEFULLY RECIEVED.

Yes it would be worth traveling the extra miles to the river Swale. The Bull Stretch in Topcliffe is full of big barbel & chub.(10-4 is my personal best barbel, 6-2 chub, both caught from the above. It is a day ticket water.(£5-6) Good luck!

the last i herd the black bull lenth had gone to syindket (spelt wrong)

the black bull lenth is also full of big very big bream 10-13lb you can only catch them at night

if you can find them you could get well over 150lb of them

You could also try the river hull down near beverley. if you get your ordance survey map out for this area you will see where the river is, you could also try some of the local tackle shopsfor info.

[ 25 June 2002, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Vigiles ]