Lift method

Lopz

Hi Lopz, I dunno if it'll help you, but I use the Lift-rig method for stalking Carp.

Here's the article that I wrote, hope it's of some help.

[ 15 April 2002, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

lopz, the short answer is yes,but try to use a very bouyant float material like peacock quill.

an old dodge is to use a long quill and after deciding on how much shot you need to hold against wind /or tow cut it down till it just sinks and then adjust the bottom shot.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Used the lift method for the first time recently ata local pond, fished in the margins with worm as bait, caught four tench, three fairly small ones, around 1/2 pound to a pound and one of three pounds!! Also took a mate fishing on his first trip and ste him up with wag and mag, he caught loads of gudgeon and roach and three curcians/brown goldfish of around 1/2 pound to a pound!! a good day was had by all and i reckon he will probably come again when it gets a bit warmer!! In answer to your question though, be it righ or wrong, i used a AAA shot which sank the float and it seamed to work for me although only one of my bites was actually a "LIFT", what kind of ratio of lift bites to normal bites do others get whjen using the lift method?