Am I turning into Victor Meldrew???

Baldrick

Now, now gents. Just a matter of how to properly rear a child (and especially a boy child).

Simple really.

1. When they reach age 11 (or sooner if puberty is starting early) place them in a large barrel and nail the lid on securely.

2. Feed and water them thru the bung hole until they reach age 18.

3. At that point, based on their behavior thru the years, make a decision to release them to a life as an independent adult or else drive home the bung and dispose of the barrel.

For girl children, use science to make the "barrel / no barrel" decision. Toss a coin after making a "heads - barrel, tails - no barrel" choice. When the coin lands, look to see what side is up and notice if you feel happy about the choice. If not, stuff em in a barrel and feed em thru the bung hole.

Note to any members on here who are under the age of 18 - there are exceptions to the above (though not many) and I suspect most or all of you are exceptions. but I also suspect you could provide a list of folks who would benefit from a barrel. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt

quote:

1. When they reach age 11 (or sooner if puberty is starting early) place them in a large barrel and nail the lid on securely.

I've got two under sixteen, I don't suppose you know of a supplier of barrels, do you? :D:D

Where's the 'ANY' key?

I think i better defend myself here because it sounds like you 1 step away from killing every under 18 year old in the world. i have never done any off the thinks above of but i have seen it happen but also it happens to me from adults but they just ingnore you. I have been fishing so many time before and a bloke has come onto the lake and asked every1 on the place "hows it fishing" "caught much" then when he gets to me he just shrugs past with out a word. that gets on my nerves some times wat am i going to do bit or does he just think that just because im under 18 i cant catch fish?

Sam,

Iam not getting at any young anglers

I do stop and have a word with them

its just that every now and then you

come across idiots like them in my post.

I will go out of my way to help anyone,

you also get idiots in my generation too

that should set a good exemple but dont

so dont worry about them sam.

Tight Lines

david

Newt:

Note to any members on here who are under the age of 18 - there are exceptions to the above (though not many) and I suspect most or all of you are exceptions.  but I also suspect you could provide a list of folks who would benefit from a barrel.   :D

Samtench - I am well aware that there are some excellent human persons in the world who are still young. Thus the statement above.

I raised 9 from small persons to large persons and I am sure that one did not belong in a barrel and there is a possibility that one other didn't. Likewise, there is one who should have had the bung driven firmly into the bunghole and the barrel disposed of.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Well done...I wrote a similar pice recently on pike handling.I too,..............AM VICTOR MELDREW.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I'm terribly sorry but I really havre to take authority over this thread.......

The committee has met and decided that the only true Victor Meldrew on AN remains the man who has unstintingly given true and loyal service in the post.

Therefore be it known that our Peter remains the true duly elected holder of the post all others are mere pretenders to the crown.

Regards

Bulldog

:D:D:D:D:D

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan