Hi

Phil Jackson

Hi Phil and welcome to Anglers' Net.

This is the perfect place for your post and I think I'd love to fish for tench if we had tench. The one time I was able to try it was great sport.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Welcome aboard, Phil!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Thanks for the welcome Steve.

Newt you almost have tench - well on the American continent!

A friend of mine came across an article written by a micro biologist with reference to invasive species. It was a fairly long list consisting mainly of aquatic plants but a few names on the list jumped out at me such as Japanese knotweed, purple loostrife, zebra mussel and tench. Yes the European tinca tinca bred under special license for catfish bait (outrageous!) Anyway guess what, in 1986 there was a major breach of the pens and a large number of tench escaped into the river and now after 24 years have established and bred.

Of course being aristocratic, sensitive and retiring fish they have not become too invasive!

Phil

Thanks for the info on US Tench Phil. Interesting stuff but I think it would still be quicker and cheaper to fly back across the pond to fish for them.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President