Piking today

benacre

Fished my local river along the town stretches only two small Pike but at least I was out there. It felt really good, nice and fresh and beautiful a few sheets of ice came through too

post-16584-1293214317_thumb.jpg

Edited by benacre

I'm lucky to go fishing everyday (when the FPO allows me)

East Anglian Fishing Forum

http://www.easternanglers.co.uk/

Hi

I have fished alton for a few years but it seemed hard for everyone this year.

The bream shoals loose a few every year through spawning and the catches seem to be less.

How have you found it?.

Just realised you are top end suffolk so waveney area.

Regards

john

Best way I find is to fish a facing wind with a open ended feeder specially made for the job and a special groundbait mix with a certain bait. I walk the whole boundry the day or so before to watch for rolling fish or other signs. if i see cormorants cathing a certain fish species I know Bream will be nearby,

I'm lucky to go fishing everyday (when the FPO allows me)

East Anglian Fishing Forum

http://www.easternanglers.co.uk/

Fished the little ouse in norfolk, it was the only bit of liquid we could find. 10 rods and not a twitch. The christmas eve blankathon lives up to expectation but its better than going to work