Powerpro Braid

Bobt

Hi all

Just like to clarify a few things - We are the sole UK Importer / Distributor of Power Pro in the UK. The stockists Danny mentions, Dave Lumb, Leslies all purchase from us.

The difference in Marked B/S is to do with different ratings in different parts of the world - The linear strength of the line under laboratory conditions is in Kilo's - the Lbs B/S is mainly for the benefit of the american market where all fishing lines are generally underated. There is also another big factor with braid that laboratory tests don't reflect real fishing situations. When braid is knotted etc there can be quite a difference in B/S and Knot strength.

Power Pro are trying to provide the angler with the correct info about their braid whereas other manufatuers are only supplying laboratory acheived B/S.

I hope this can clear a few points up. And for anyone who is interested I use the 9kg / 10lb for all my carp hooklengths and have never broken it on fish upto 30lb - in fact you'll bend the hooks before it breaks and the largest fish I have landed on it is a 90lb+ Tarpon. There are many of the countries top anglers from all areas of angling now using and endorsing PowerPro. It is a very special line that will only get more and more popular over the coming year.

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Rob Thompson

Game On Fishing Tackle Ltd.

phonet have already phoned robt this morning,and my order is hopefully in the post,robt cheque is in the post,many thanks bobt

BobT - FWIW, I was running low on my supply (well, have bought some new reels to tell the truth) and just received 2 500yd spools of 20lb and 30lb this morning. Good stuff.

I really wish I could find someone who is using the higher b/s lines like the 150/200/250lb ones since I am curious about how they work.

I figure that with the 150lb (which is 30lb diamtere and probably really breaks at 200+) if you got hung up, you could simply tie the line to a cart, enlist the help of a few fellow anglers, and bring the snag to you. :D

Then if the stuff got popular, maybe Fox would make a wench suited for the line that would attach to some sort of super reinforced rod pod or a nearby tree or something. Of course they would need to make a version in stainless for the really apperance minded anglers like gaffer.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President