Why do you fish.

John Ellison

The monk:

Hunter of mammoths, hope you would have put them back afterwards?

Naah Monk

Slot limit of 2 to 4 tons, (see my post on the "moral dilemma" thread - Sea Forum)

...and a bag limit of five per day - couldn't carry any more. :D

T'wasn't me that rendered 'em extinct - t'was them nasty neanderthal commercial outfits wiv illegal long-nets.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Would you use a barbless spear?

Would Fox make the best ones?

Do Mammoths require an unhooking mat? After all they are pretty furry.

Bite Alarm must be shock of being chewed on by a Mammoth.

Would Mammoth be any good as Pike bait?

Silly really.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I love fishing because of the tranquility while sitting by a lake offers. I have much respect for nature and the environment and nothing else clears my head and makes me feel more relaxed than a picturesque surrounding. Meeting people and learning something new everytime is a great experiance. Even if I blank I am happy becasue at least I have releived some stress form college etc :) Fishinf is the best sport there is no doubt about it. I just wish other people could understand that instead them thinking fishing is just about catching fish anf that it is 'boring'! Well it is if you arent prepared to learn before you start to fish with some knowledge. Ah well! I'l just leave them too it :D

Why do I fish? well its something I can do with my father and my son, three generations sharing a little piece of water having a few laughs, watching nature at work, occasionally catching a few, often not, and hopefully imparting a love of angling and the countryside to my teenage son which will stay with him when I am gone. :)

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Jamie Thornton:

I love fishing because of the tranquility while sitting by a lake offers. I have much respect for nature and the environment and nothing else clears my head and makes me feel more relaxed than a picturesque surrounding.

To which an anti will respond: 'Well why don't you just sit by the lake reading a book?'

To which I would respond 'in the pouring rain, with the cold eating into your fingers, for hour after fruiteless hour?'

Saying that I go fishing to catch a fish is a bit like saying that I go to an expensive restuarant to chew!

But they will never understand, they have never been 'called to' fish!

Tight Lines - leon

[ 22. October 2002, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon, that was just a bonus to fishing. I didnt say becasue I like to catch fish etc becasue its obvious. To that I would add that fishing just gets my heart going and gives me a great deal of fun when I'm out there. The learning is never ending so when I do get a fish with them techniques its very pleasing.