FACT

northern mark

Peter Waller:

It will, if it lets us support it.

Something I saw, then replied to just now, on the UK Saltwater Fly fishing Forums:

http://ukswff.proboards26.com/index.cgi?bo...8560678&start=0

In a FACT thread on Feb 18th, 2005, 2:41pm, MJB wrote:

Obviously the people who came up with the name always fast forward the start of a video:

http://www.fact-uk.org.uk/

-- Paul Boote reply, 19/2/05

LOL! Well spotted.

When I merely expressed a wish, a desire (something along these lines, anyway) on another fishing forum for these new guys not to fall out among ourselves (as ALMOST all angling politicos seem to do / have done in the past) and just to get it RIGHT this time, I received an immediate and rather snotty private email from one of the gentlemen listed at the foot of the FACT press release above. I don't know him, he doesn't know me, but he clearly didn't like an individual like me speaking out.

So. Don't fall out, FACTota. Just get it right this time. This way, politicians (you know, the REAL ones, and not the barrack-room lawyers...) might give you (and, above all British anglers) the time of day and actually listen to what we have to say. Might even ACT on some of your -- er, OUR -- saner suggestions too, which would be nice...

[ 19. February 2005, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Sounds like another private club!

Company Type: PRI/LTD BY GUAR/NSC (Private, limited by guarantee, no share capital)

Perhaps 'Anglers United' could be formed, or does that sound too much like a football team?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Dear All,

It’s a FACT that FACT is what we've got.

It’s also a FACT that some of the guys working behind the scenes are trying "really" hard to bring it off this time.

OK so it’s a FACT that some will be watching ever so carefully and a FACT that some will criticise at every opportunity.

I'm being pretty much FACTUAL in my sincere hope that FACT succeeds. Because it remains a FACT that even those inside FACT realise it’s perhaps our last chance at attaining unity in this life time.

So let us join together to give FACT a demonstration of what we want. Let us all for once agree to wish the FACT factory the very best in their future endeavours. At the waters edge we've all been pretty much united for years. Perhaps its time we took a FACT factory worker fishing so they also know fishing is not quite as divided as some might think.

On a lighter note I went fishing last night on the Trent and saw in the shadows a figure that looked remarkably like Paul Boote.

He blanked. So did I!! Now that’s a FACT.

Regards,

Lee.

trent.barbeler:

Dear All,

On a lighter note I went fishing last night on the Trent and saw in the shadows a figure that looked remarkably like Paul Boote.

He blanked. So did I!! Now that’s a FACT.

Regards,

Lee.

YOU blanked, Lee. I was merely, briefly but not for long though, piscatorially challenged...

PS -- An afterthought. Was it the fangs and the cloak that gave me away?

[ 20. February 2005, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.