British Open Kayak Fishing Championships

Tenbychair

The First ever British OpenKayak fshing Championships are being held South Beach, Tenby. Pembrokeshire between 10am and 3pm on 21/22 June 2008 This is a Species event (catch and release) points system, over the two days.

1st prize £500 Team (4) also £500

For more information go to www.wwc.co.uk or email: sales@wwc.co.uk

So who measures the fish and verifies the catch before it's released? Just wondered how it works.

Catches are verified by Photo. You also have an entry code card which you put along side the fish when you take the picture. These pic's are then down loaded at the end of the day and points awarded by species. Call me on 01267 223555 if you have any other questions.

DO YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA YOU ONLY NEED A SPEAR SD CARD AND SOMEONE GETS 500 POUNDS A KEEP NET OR TWO IS THE ONLY WAY & CHQ ALL OF THEM FIRST OR A MARSHAL OR TWO

Edited by daiboy

Daiboy, how does a spare SD card help? The original photo with the verification card next to the fish can't be fiddled can it?

So, everyone must carry a digital camera and a tape measure on the kayak, lay the fish down somewhere suitable in the kayak, put the id card beside it, put the tape measure beside the fish, take an accurate photo, er, that sounds difficult. A choppy sea, hanging on the the kayak by the seat of your pants, perhaps 5 mackerel thrashing about in the kayak, how on earth is that going to work?

The best way is forget catch and release, check all entrants before launching, no hidden fish stored on the kayak, and weigh in at the end. Better still, only fish for the sake of it, and don't use angling to win money.

The best way is forget catch and release, check all entrants before launching, no hidden fish stored on the kayak, and weigh in at the end.

if I was a fishmonger I would totally agree with the above statement.

Thank god I'm not or any angler entering in the British Open :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Richi, you have taken a small section of my post out of context, a common ploy on forums.

The last bit is the most important, don't use angling to win money. I am against using fish as a contest to win money. Nothing wrong with that.

£500 is hardly a fortune Mike , given that a good wedge of that will be taken in expenses for and to get to the event. Thousands of Anglers enjoy match fishing , not my cup of tea , but just as valid as my line of fishing. However , its a catch and release species hunt so why would you need a tape measure?? Hardly difficult to snap a photo with a bit of card in the window! I'd suggest if you cant do it , you shouldnt be out there :rolleyes: To suggest a comp where you kill the fish is crass. Nothing is worse than seeing hundreds of dead fish on display for the holiday makers , I think the Eastern europeans do a good job of that with Mackeral and garfish already :headhurt: Anyone landing a fish on the shore in a catch and release should be instantly disqualified.

just my thoughts on an emotive subject :rolleyes:

Ok Prowler 13

Richi, you have taken a small section of my post out of context, a common ploy on forums.

The last bit is the most important, don't use angling to win money. I am against using fish as a contest to win money. Nothing wrong with that.

perhaps you need to read what YOU wrote again :thumbs:

out of context my ---- :schmoll:

oh! the last bit is the most important-----ha ha,of course,we're all telepathic :rolleyes:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph