Junior Matches

Jem

Can anyone help?My eldest son (aged 12 just)would like to try his luck at match fishing.Cos after watching me win a few local club matches (after a long break from match fishing and thought i would give them a try again)he as the urge to try them.But on looking through AT and AM i can't find any in my local area although traveling would'nt bother us,as long as its not to far.Even a series of matches would be better.Can anyone help :confused: :confused: .

P.S Tried the club i'm in and they don't do them.

you never mentioned which club you belong to so here are some info to some clubs in your area

walton angling club

email to: stephen.wilson12@ntlworld.com

Membership Secretary: Les Barker

Phone: 01642 556086

Club Secretary: StephenWilson

Phone: 01642 503659

Middlesbrough Angling Club

R Thompson

25 Endsleigh Drive

Acklam, Middlesbrough

Cleveland TS5 4RG

http://www.where-to-fish.com/docs/1b108004.html

hope these help and good luck if you find what your looking for

Hey Jem, I live in Middlesbrough & cant find anywhere but the Tees and Poole hospital to fish and I dont have transport so normally I end up at Poole (which is rubbish really!) which club do you belong to? and where do you usually fish?

CHEERS

ALIO

I'm a member of Middlesbrough Angling club.Tried Ron,but as yet there are no junior matches.I fish all thier waters,have'nt fished poole hosp for ages on account they have been having probs with vandals breaking into cars :mad: Im off upto hutton sat & sun with the eldest lad for a few hrs fishing,mainly carp bashing on the long pole,(real fun).

The matches i fished were at New Marske reservoir,they have a series of 4 matches and i only fished the last 2,missed the first 2.

C'mon someone must must know where we can find some junior matches.I've spent all of today ringing tackle shops and venues ( dreading my phone bill coming :( )to see if they can help but still no joy.

I'll consider traveling further within reason if its junior related :D

Why not organise one through your club. I did it a few years ago and ended up with 30 kids turning up for a series of matches/teach-ins. It's not that difficult to find parents who'll lend a hand and provided you set clear rules about parental assistance and who can do what for whom, they're very enjoyable. The club may even lend a hand and perhaps contribute for a few prizes as well :)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Hi jem,

I'm not sure where exactly cleaveland is but i seam to remember you asking about the stainforth and keadby canal on a thread not to long ago, well if your anwhwere near there or prepared to travel then theres a club called brigg whizzo based in brigg, 3 miles from scunthorpe, which has a junior section which i used to fish for, there are loads of juniors in the club and it is well funded/sponsored, they have a load of matches throuought the year which are for juniors only and they take part in the junior and intermediate nationals, as well as some other nation wide junior events, if you can get there then i would suggest this is a really good place to start.