River Dove

Norfolkdan

and if you're into farmers markets, theres one on a sunday, run by (time for a celebrity fanfare!) the wife of simon groom, ex of blue peter!!!!!

(it's a pretty crappy farmers market though)

oh and just one more thing (as columbo used to say)

when you go into bakewell, as you surely will, in search of bakewell tarts, you'll find that locally they're called bakewell pudings! head for the bakewell pudding shop and gorge yourself, they're even better than the stuff that old gimmer mr kipling turns out.

theres also one of the best whisky shops i've ever found, called the wee dram, get yourself a bottle of ardbeg and a pudding, retire to the holiday cottage and think about all that's good in life!

The Peacock at Rowsley also has a lovely stretch of the Derwent I believe, at least it used to. Some lovely fishing there - presume expensive, but may not be too bad. Have fished Mosnal Dale on the Wye a few times on a day ticket (fly only) - great fishing and possibility of a wild rainbow trout. I got one last time (about a year ago) - about ten inches, loads of little spots and went like a train! You'd know the difference between them and a stockie, I can tell you!

the peacock still does have a very nice (fly only) stretch, free for residents, expensive for non residents!

[ 15. September 2005, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

Quite fancy a night there actually.... and the obvious fishing benefit! As you know Jeeps, my parents live in Sheffield so it's hard to make it stack up with them! When you say expensive... around £50 a day? I paid £150 for a day on the test last summer... the stuff dreams are made of, but it hurt!