Simple mod' for crystal drennan loafer

far bank stalker

Crystal loafers are really good floats, and i think i've read more than one thread advising them as an all round trotting float, but i had two issues. The first being that even the smallest (2.4g) when weighted to the plimsol line of the orange still takes around another 1g to get it fully submerged, which i thought was quite a bit and also that i couldn't run a starlight.

Anyway i had a broken crystal waggler knocking about so i cut the tip off that just below the black band and super glued it to the tip of the loafer, then coloured the orange part of the loafer black with a marker. The resulting float is much more like a heavily shouldered stick float, much more sensitive bite detection and it runs a starlight fine.

Give a man a fish and he will live for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will live forever

Guest bbamboo
Crystal loafers are really good floats, and i think i've read more than one thread advising them as an all round trotting float, but i had two issues. The first being that even the smallest (2.4g) when weighted to the plimsol line of the orange still takes around another 1g to get it fully submerged, which i thought was quite a bit and also that i couldn't run a starlight.

Anyway i had a broken crystal waggler knocking about so i cut the tip off that just below the black band and super glued it to the tip of the loafer, then coloured the orange part of the loafer black with a marker. The resulting float is much more like a heavily shouldered stick float, much more sensitive bite detection and it runs a starlight fine.

Can you show a picture please.

Gary

Can you show a picture please.

Gary

Hey Gary

sorry for the delay, it was in use, to no avail for a couple of hours. It's no tidy job and probably wonky but it worked well last night. The longer tip means in the day i can run much more tip showing and it's still more sensitive

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brigand_doom/5418762079/

Give a man a fish and he will live for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will live forever

Now that is a brilliant idea, nice one, keep it up.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God