Spring Rigs

i was wondering how these compare with the hair rig they sound great but was looking for some feed back before i even try it.

for those who aren't experienced anglers like me here a link to the spring rig so you can see what i'm talking about.

oops i forgot the link here it is

Spring Rig

[ 31. August 2002, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: will this name be ok ]

i wouldnt trust it ,for one thing its a barbed hook (the spring would flap about in the mouth until its spat out)and i think if the carp swollowed that spring i pity its guts maybe a dissolvable spring? would be better ,a pva that lasts a day or so :( invent one now :D

[ 31. August 2002, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

That is one horrible looking rig and I agree that it could cause some heavy duty problems to a fishes gut.

If I`m correct in reading the explanation of the workings/reason for using this rig it appears it`s for convenience,ie.allowing a bait to be positioned near to or further from the hook.The other reason seems to be to allow lots of small baits(sweetcorn)to be fished as a boilie.

If this is the only reason then all I can say is there are some incredibly lazy/stupid anglers out there.

It doesn`t take long to tie a rig,particularly a no knot.So in that respect there is little reason to call it convenient.There are other means to tie sweetcorn/particles in bunches,ie.threaded onto very fine mono,so again no reason for this rig.

Please god this doesn`t become fashionable.I can only imagine what the anti brigade would make of it.

I have used a spring many times, but only when hair rigging paste. This spring really holds the paste on. These spring rigs can now be bought in the tackle shops and they are sold for using paste. I always make my own rigs so if one fails you only have yourself to blame. Any questions email me

Paul

I used something similar (Stay Put Hair Rig) but decided that it could be dangerous to fish and stopped using it. I mentioned it to the fishery owner and he said that he considered that they were ok, in fact he sells them in the shop!

Roger.

(Don’t shoot the messenger!)

I really don't like the look of that one bit.

For years if I wanted to hair rig paste then all I did was to slide a plastic leger stop up the hair and mould the paste onto that.

For one scary minute there I thought the spring rig was them horrible spring hooks popping up again.

John.