FROST & FLOOD BAIT?

gorton

Hi Gorton,

The base mix Frost & Flood is made by John

Baker,and is designed for Barbel.Despite the

name,it is an excellent all year round bait.

Where are you located? It is sometimes a bit

difficult to locate a stockist.If you have

any problems finding a supply,let me know and

I will give a contact address and telephone no.

It has a strong smell of maple cream and makes

a very good long term paste or boilie.

The barbel (and bream)love it!

Inside every old person is a young one wondering what the hell happened!

I think one of the main points here is that pastes/boilies like this should be viewed as long term. Keep the flavours to a minimum and you will probably need to introduce via considerate pre-baiting for some period.

This season I have been using a standard base mix with some additives on a local River. I have pre-baited now since mid-may, using a little and often approach and the fish are really starting to switch on to it now. Although I have fished with and caught using my boilies I expect my catch rate increase over the next 3 months dramatically as the amount of natural food declines. The fish now recognised my bait as a good source with HNV content.

Although some people frown at this approach I have found it satisfying now the fish are starting to take the bait and feel I have been considerate in my approach.

Just don't expect any wonder baits.

All the best

Dexter