Ron Thomson, Barbel Rod,

tony jolley

I have seen a couple of Ron Thomson rods for sale,

They are catagorised as "Barbel rods", They are 1 1/2 lb test curve.

Do any of you have any?, If so are they any good?

I was looking to use them for Perch,Tench and Bream fishing. And hopefully Barbel and Chub of course.

Tony B.T Jolley

Dear Anthony

These rods are too good for you....whats going on?..Are you becoming an angler with a sense of 'Tackle Tart' about you?

Brilliant to have spent the time with you up in darkest Lancashire over the weekend with the rest of the National Anguilla Club committee lads......

Hope I watched the car well enough for you my friend.

Yours With respect.....

Steve. :P:P:D:D:)

[ 08. September 2002, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: 'eelfisher' ]

Thanks Steve,

I am waiting for an invite to fish for the Barbel with you and Lee, :cool: lol...

No young james has a couple that I may swop for my old carp rods mine are 2 1/4lb and I thought them too good for the carp...lol

Yes Steve you did a good job watching the SKODA :D

Later.

Tony B.T Jolley

Hi Tony,

I am thinking about buying a Ron Thompson Rod myself as I was talking to a guy on the Trent last Wednesday who was using one whilst fishing for Barbel and he was over the moon with it.

In fact he had a new Maver rod on trial from a local tackle shop costing over £200 which was laid on the bank as he prefered the Ron Thompson rod!!!! which only cost £58.

So I am hoping to find one myself this week to have a look at.

Alan.....