WANTED - Big Roach

Hereford_angler

Ok first i shall tell you a bit about the pond and what is in there so you can answer my questions better.

The pond is large with loads of shrubs and reeds all around the margins. It hold roach to around 1lb (i think bigger) but it also holds thousands of gudgeon to around 7". These massive gudgeon shoals respond to feed and kick out other feeding fish like roach.

So how do i catch big roach with rod and reel? I have tryed many bait but gudgeon take em all! What can i do? :confused:

Regards

Ed 'Herefords bagging machine'

www.kingfisher-club.vze.com

Tiger nuts,, I am serious, the three biggest Roach I have seen were caught on tigers. Two of these were over 3lbs (I weighed them) Needless to say they were caught by carp anglers.

The biggest, at 3lb 6oz was caught by a guy who did not know what it was!! he thought it was some sort of "silver carp"

be lucky

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

And if you want to know where the two 3 pounders came from, it was Horseshoe lake, Carp Society water, during the first week of the first season that they owned it.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic