Which crystal waggler and loafer floats are best?

Hopinc

Hi guys and gals,

I need to buy some insert crystal waggler and crystal loafer floats and would like forum members advice as to which are the best makes to buy. Are all floats born equal - or are some makes better than others?

I would probably go for Middy floats (not knowing any better), but only because they have been around for years.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Hopinc

Regards,

Dave

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Budgie,

Yes, I had a look at those and they look nicely made - is there any particular reason for your preference?

Edited by Hopinc

Regards,

Dave

Simply because Ive used both Drennan crystal wagglers,chubbers and avons for many years and never had a problem with them.I have used other crystral type wagglers and found them to both leak and be weaker.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Simply because Ive used both Drennan crystal wagglers,chubbers and avons for many years and never had a problem with them.I have used other crystral type wagglers and found them to both leak and be weaker.

Couldn't have put it better - Drennan floats everytime for me too!

I'm also a big fan of the Drennan "tench perfection" floats, although they're not crystals :)

Mat

Mat

Hi guys and gals,

I need to buy some insert crystal waggler and crystal loafer floats and would like forum members advice as to which are the best makes to buy. Are all floats born equal - or are some makes better than others?

I would probably go for Middy floats (not knowing any better), but only because they have been around for years.

Thanks for your help.

i would go for drennan personally. there are a few sites in america that have a much better variety of crystal river patterns but i've yet to try them out. the postage/duty and wait have put me off so far

Give a man a fish and he will live for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will live forever

Thanks for your help guys, I will order some today.

I think I have seen these decried on the forum before, but just out of curiosity what do you think of the interchangable multiweight systems on the internet?

http://www.multiweightfloatadaptor.co.uk/p...oat_adaptor.htm

Far bank stalker - I wouldn't mind having a look at some of the American sites you mention, do you have any links?

Thanks

Edited by Hopinc

Regards,

Dave

Thanks for your help guys, I will order some today.

I think I have seen these decried on the forum before, but just out of curiosity what do you think of the interchangable multiweight systems on the internet?

http://www.multiweightfloatadaptor.co.uk/p...oat_adaptor.htm

Far bank stalker - I wouldn't mind having a look at some of the American sites you mention, do you have any links?

Thanks

I've got a set of these sitting at home waiting for the start of the spring tench season :) not tried them out on the bank yet, but first impression is that will be very useful for rigs that usually involve a lot of shot around the float (ie most waggler set ups)

Mat

Mat

Hello Mat,

They look a reasonable idea to me too, but I am sure that I have read some adverse comments somewhere. Unfortunately, if memory serves correctly, there were no specific details, just vague references, sort of nods and winks.

Another question - if I was attaching a Drennan loafer top and bottom for trotting what would you recommend as "rubbers" for this purpose. I have a good selection of silicone ones, but I doubt they would stretch over the wide top of these floats?

I remember years ago (the last time I bought any floats was about 45 years ago), all floats came with rubbers attached. When did this practice stop?

Edited by Hopinc

Regards,

Dave

Hello Mat,

Another question - if I was attaching a Drennan loafer top and bottom for trotting what would you recommend as "rubbers" for this purpose. I have a good selection of silicone ones, but I doubt they would stretch over the wide top of these floats?

you could try cutting up a bit of old catapult elastic to make larger float rubbers ?

Mat

Mat