Help Old ABU 507

mdgfishing

Please Help , I Need a Winding Cup, Due to losing one in the trent earlier this year.

Does any one know a tackle shop or have one for sale, I love this old reel.

This threed has been here before and I had 2 leeds one in Japan, one in Aldershot .

The one in Aldershot has some parts and is keeping his Eyes open. (thanks Chester)

Chester , Mick has done some work for me lately frist time i have delt with him in for 10 years nothing changes he's still very helpful.

MdgFishing

Keeper Of Maggots & Old Codger to Boot

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

Best Wishes & Tight Lines

mdgfishing working digi-darkroom.com

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

yep ,for a little shop hes very helpfull , probably your best bet would be to buy another reel from e`bay and keep the rest for parts ,there are always abu`s on there :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Cheers Chester1 I keep looking on e-bay but havent seen one.

I know they are collectable but, I just love it I have another one in mint and have taken the winding cup but that one has not had the back wind gear taken out.

Talking about mick I spoke to him yesterday , to thank him for the other work carried out and reminded him that he took the gear out of the Abu 507 that I Use just after the gulf war ended 10 / 11 years ago the reason the I know just after war, was that the reels came from the gulf, cheep at the time.

Once again thaks for your help Chester1.

To all anglers that visit this fourm if you see parts for the Abu 507/508 please let me know I will pay of course. Or I may have tackle that u r looking for

You can always e mail me @ mdgfishing@hotmail.com

MdgFishing

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

quote:

Just in case you didn't know the gear to take out for the backwind is just a small steel rod that sits under the tensioner on the reel handle.

if its the anti reverse pawl you mean :confused: it sits on the inside below the gears ,it rests on a little pin ,on the 506 its just a piece of shaped metal on the 507 its the same shape with a brass sleeve

507list.jpg

part no 5579

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thank you guys for trying,it would be a realy great christmas prestent for me to get this 507 winding cup sorted, its the same one they use on the 508 as well, 508 is a right hand wind thats all .

Please keep up the good work, Thanks.

MdgFishing

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

I was once told by a local shop that all abu reel spools were compatible . .

until I tried it on my new 507 gold max II

I found it you attach about 12 inch of 10lb line to it, then tie it to the bottom ring of your keep net it ensure everytime when dropped in the keepnet extends to desired depth :(

not one of their best products . . gave me a lot of cramp

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !