Great Yarmouth Proposed New Sea Marina

John E Ashford

As the Great Yarmouth New Marina is well on it's way, will we be able to fish from it's walls ?

Yes - No ?

Permit or free access, with limitations !!!

It looks good to fish from, what are your thoughts.

Do you know anyone in authority that can give us some answers. :secret:

GYNM.jpg

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

John

The company who are building it are EastPort UK. You can click on the outer harbour project link to get more info.

To me it looks like it's going to be a commercial port, i.e container and rig servicing. I hope not, but they might lock it down because of health and safety or because of the terrorist value of such a place.

I have been told that more fish than normal have been landed from Goleston pier and that this might be as a result of the wind farm forcing the crabs and fish further inshore. So if this harbour goes ahead as planned and we are allowed to fish it, then the prospects of getting into the fish seem good. I suppose only time will tell. Another additional benefit is that the beach on the North side arm of the harbour will increase as the water flows from north to south. This should I would think provide some interesting banks and gullies to fish.

Sorry no real hard info for you but it looks promising if we are allowed to fish it.

Tight lines.

squibs

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

Sorry no real hard info for you but it looks promising if we are allowed to fish it.

Hi squibs, I also feel the right to fish the new walls would be welcome.

When I done the outline of the new marina the thought of a beach massing on its north wall was in mind. But I do wonder what will happen to the sandy areas south of Gorleston, as the drift is diverted.

I hope this was taken into consideration, with modeling, to foresee any changes.

Maybe some deep water, sandless gullies, closer inshore, we'll just have to wait and see. :fish:

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

"I hope this was taken into consideration, with modeling, to foresee any changes." I hope you're right John. I hope that they've modeled the impact of this build all along the coast as it surely going to affect alot of places. Some places will benefit others will not. As for Goleston, well it's sure to lose a proportion of the beach as the water swirls around behind the southern arm. If we're lucky they will shore it up with some sort of reef which has got to be good for the fishing ( I hear captain spinny and his band of buccaneers coming).

You know, the more I go on about this, the more I'm drooling and rubbing my hands together. I really hope that they've got this right we could do with a really good fish holding area within the region, not that we haven't got productive beaches, but an outstanding mark would really help that part of the county.

Tight lines.

squibs

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

I think you're dead right Squibs. I reckon there'll be a build up of sand to the North and a distinct lack of it to the South after a very short time.

Lets hope it's like a mini Brighton Marina which they can fish all around albeit at a price.