Leamington Spa this time!

Houseplant

Hi all, about a year ago I got some very useful advice from Angler's Net members regarding fishing in Southampton. Thank you, it resulted is one or two decent fish (eventually!).

www.anglersnet.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb...t=012440#000000

Have a similar request, I now find myself living in Leamington Spa. Any tips on fishing within close proximity to the town and fishing clubs/associations etc.

I've seen some nice stretches of river round and about and saw a large common carp in the River Leam, right in the middle of the town!

I'm particularly interested in the stretch to the north of Leamington (Milverton?) close to the Saxon Pub if anyone knows it.

I'm into anything that is daft enough to jump on my hook, but pike are the fish that float my boat, closely followed by carp, perch and chub. Still to catch a barbel after 25 years of fishing, so that would be nice.

Cheers

Andrew

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the two I know off. Sorry not much but some information for you.

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/bishops/

http://warkcom.net/live/cme797.htm

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

i lived in leamington for a short time.

the pool below the wear was free fishing from a concrete "jetty" which jutted out, had eels perch and one barbel from there.

wander up stream, past the sports centre and keep going, the river spilts in two and the near side bank is reasonably quick water, fish worm on a link ledger close to the lillies in the flow for big perch and worm.

leamington angling club used to have a lot of the river, there was a tackle shop near the pump station (which is near the "concrete" jetty) I mentioned. that was good.

the canal is slow, but does contain zander (i had my first there) and eels, tended to have best results night fishing.

there's another wear heading out of leamington on the way to warwick, lots of good perch and pike and few decent roach. heard that a large number of barbel were being caught there but never fished for them.

enjoy exploring, I'm very jealous, I had a great time down there, and if you meet louise from hampton magna, say Hi.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Sipadan:

Thanks for the info, I'm just starting to get a feel for the area and have yet to wet a line, unless you include fluff chucking.

Don't think there's a fishing tackle shop in Leam anymore   :(

:confused: What about Bob Frost Tackle shop in the High Street?

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Sipadan

I live in Coventry and did own a Leamington book for years but have now moved on to the Severn and Teme. The tackle shop is right at the bottom of the parade and over the river and it is on your left hand side. The leamington book has alot the of the Leam on their book aswell as some good pools. I don't know who owns the rights to the Saxon Mill stretch anymore but if you pop in I am sure they will know, if not the tackle shop will I am sure

Paul

it was Bob Frosts that i was meaning. Couldn't remember the name.

It was 12 years since I was there. Perhaps the quickest way of getting contact details would be to speak to some of the anglers.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

I hope I'm wrong about this, but can't find any reference to a tackle shop in Leam on yell.com or in local directories.

Seph, have you been to the shop recently? Anyway, next time I'm in town I'll take a look. Thanks.

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire