JAGB

lyn

David, I think the feeling is mutual I think it must rub off as far as I am concerned after the greeting I received at the NEC lololololol Life is too short at the end of the day it's only fishing :)

lyn

PS The email I sent has not been returned so I can only assume that he has received this one. Time will tell.

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyn - the "greeting you received at the NEC" has obviously upset you and still rankles a bit. I will give you a call and have a natter about it some time.

Best regards

David

David, Bob roared with laughter when I told him what you had said. He had the same to me when he returned from Kenya about you hating him!! lolololol Which is why I sat here laughing as I read your post.

Please don't worry about the NEC, I had had the same greeting from Chris Burt the last year lol You will find if you ever got to know me I am not one to bear grudges!

lyn

Lyn

Just spoken to my partner who works in this field about this one, and I’m told

the system at the moment if messed up and working on both the old and the new.

Old being, “Subject Access System,” which in effect was a police check that was technically only valid for 3 month. This system works as followed –

The person wishing to work with children (paid or voluntary) had to themselves ask the police to carryout a check on them, by applying via Subject Access Form. The check had an Admin. Fee of £10. The check was then sent back to the individual, not the organisation. The individual then produced it to the organisation as a current police check, which was them proof that that person was a fit and proper person to work with children.

The New being run by the Criminal Records Bureau and is supposed to be a more in-depth check pulling in other agencies and statutory bodies. You will remember the furore at the start of the school year about 1000s of these checks not being carried out on new teachers, school staff, etc? Well because this new system is still not up and running as it should be, and is unlikely to be for some time I’m led to believe. The

best advice at the moment is, try the old system route by talking to someone at your local police HQ. If they are still running on the old, request a Subject Access Form and fill it in. On receipt of the statement, produce it to the Club/Organisation you wish to teach kids with. This process in Manchester takes about 4-6 weeks to complete.

It may be helpful to get a copy of the Joint Angling Governing Bodies child protection policy to work to from the NFA. They I understand are the lead/issuing body for this material. I don’t think there’s a download on their site yet, so phone and ask them to post a copy out to you, its entitled “Implementing Child Protection in Angling.” Published in Jan. 2002.

Brought to you in good faith, no grudges or malice by the Conservation Office of the SAA.

Oh by the way, should all bodies and clubs carry one on their sites, you’re dammed right they should, and I’m in the process of rectifying this from an SAA point of view!

Rob, Guys are you reading this? Do it!

PDF download should solve it.

Oh dear! More ammo for the detractors to beat us over the head with. Ah well! Tin hats all round again me thinks! :D:D:D

[ 13. October 2002, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: phil hackett ]

phil h.

Phil, you lost me a bit at the end, down load what? Implementing Child Protection in Angling?

This is not the issue, I have no objections to the above although I feel a lot are not going to bother and will give up junior events.

I want an answer as to why I need to be a 'Licenced NFA coach' to continue to organise junior events. I would like to know the 'Ethics' for women in angling that has been laid down by the JAGB.

I want to know why if people carry on to teach juniors without the above they will, quote "be exposed, and the reasons for non-endorsement will be publicly announced" un quote Malcolm Hanson

Regards

lyn

PS The 'banter' for want of a better word between David & myself, made me laugh, made Bob laugh and I hope made David laugh, there was no 'malice' as you quoted and if it came across that way then I apologise to David.

Originally posted by lyn:

[QB]"Phil, you lost me a bit at the end, down load what? Implementing Child Protection in Angling?"

Yes Lyn! Many government bodies and such put documents on their sites as download PDF files. The document "Implementing Child Protection in Angling" is 30 pages long.

"This is not the issue, I have no objections to the above although I feel a lot are not going to bother and will give up junior events.

I want an answer as to why I need to be a 'Licenced NFA coach' to continue to organise junior events. I would like to know the 'Ethics' for women in angling that has been laid down by the JAGB.

I want to know why if people carry on to teach juniors without the above they will, quote "be exposed, and the reasons for non-endorsement will be publicly announced" un quote Malcolm Hanson"

Sounds to me like the NFA are looking to extract money out of people to become coaches, and bulling them that they must be one of thiers or else.

As to exposing them publicly, my guess is that if you’ve had a Subject Access check and its current, all they could do is say you are not an endorsed coach of their. To go further would IMO take them on to very iffy legal grounds.

May be others with more knowledge in this area would like to venture a comment on it.

As to the ethics for women, I can’t comment on, as I have no knowledge of this area.

[ 14. October 2002, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: phil hackett ]

phil h.

Still had no reply from Malcolm Hanson. I have spoken with Les Webber this week, he has written to Sport England. Chris Tarrant has written to Martin Salter.

Myself, well I have emailed the Rt Hon Richard Caborn MP, our Minister for Sport as well as Martin Salter and Sport England. One of them must be able to answer my questions, I hope!

lyn

phonebush:

I have a question.

Can a father and son fish together? Uncle and nephew? How about an older second cousin and a younger one or two?

How many children must be present before you are a coach and how distant can relatives be?

Phone

Phone, this is Government we're talking about. You don't think they actually thought the law through before they passed it do you ??? :D:D:D

[ 16. October 2002, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: davidP ]

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.