Coaching juniors

madmarine

Iv'e been reading one or two of the reports on the forum regarding coahing or helping with juniors and one thing that is very obvious is that we all want to help but are somewhat confused about the qualifications to do so.The NFA/jagb do have a difficult job trying to get a one qualification fits all system but I do believe they are trying.All the safegaurds that they are trying to put in place are for the protection of the coaches/people looking after children as much as it is for the protection of the kids. Unfortunately this is the way of the world today too many children have been hurt in too many ways and as a result of this something had to be done.Please take the time to visit the NFA site or speak to one of the officials we are all on the same side we all want to see the future of angling safe gaurded, let's hope that the red tape that is now required doesn't stop us from coaching or looking after junior sections in our clubs.I for one am sure that it won't. :)

who judges the judges :confused: to a persons suitability to coach kids :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I think you best read again. This is NOT only about 'child protection'. Give me one good reason why I or anyone else needs to be a NFA licened coach, when we are NOT doing it for any financial gain and NOT teaching on a 'one to one' basis?

If you can, then you will be the first person that has! Even Malcolm Hanson of S&TA can't answer that one!

Do I take it that you are a Member of the NFA. As I see it, they will be the ones making the most financial gain out of this as they are charging around £300 for a course.

As this concerns the thread I started I can't understand why you started another :confused: don't take that the wrong way, anyone can start a thread, just curious, it's in my nature

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

and rightly so :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

lyn:

Give me one good reason why I or anyone else needs to be a NFA licened coach, when we are NOT doing it for any financial gain and NOT teaching on a 'one to one' basis?

lyn

To help satisfy parents that you might know something about what you are attempting to teach their children and not using it as an excuse to get near their children? Anybody can buy a bag of sweets, a box of puppies, or even a **** load of fishing tackle, it only takes money! Qualifications take time and commitment. And yes this will not deter all but if it deters some who's going to complain. This obviously is not the answer you want to hear, please accept my apologies

[ 18. October 2002, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

I think that is a very badly worded answer. What you are saying is that anyone, like myself organises junior events just to 'get near kids'

It has been stated that no one including myself has a problem with being cleared through the CRB. As a civil servant I am sure that the checks I went through to become one were far more in depth then any the CRB will put me through!

I can not believe that anyone would think like that, oh, he/she is only taking them fishing to get near them, that is so sad that you see it that way. If there are many more like you that think that way then we really do have a very sad society :(

I have a 7 yr old son, I worry about him, am constantly making him aware of the dangers in life be it going off or leaning too far over the water. As a parent you have a 'Duty of Care' to your child or in any child in your care. It is down to you to make sure they are safe. This is why I have no objections to the CPP.

I would NOT let Liam go off with anyone I did not know on a 'one to one' basis. This is not about 1-1 this is about organising junior events with a lot of kids and lots of adults.

If someone wants to 'teach' on a 1-1 and charge, then yes, you must be a qualified, licensed coach. That I do not have a problem with.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

"I can not believe that anyone would think like that, oh, he/she is only taking them fishing to get near them, that is so sad that you see it that way. If there are many more like you that think that way then we really do have a very sad society [[Frown]] "

i think EXACTLY that and if EVERBODY thought that way we`d have less trouble with sicko`s mollesting (or worse :( ) our kids .All people involved even in the slightest with children or the feeble minded should be suspect ,the CRB is mostly pointless it only shows the stupid "part time" perverts who have been caught ,the real hard line perverts DO pass the CRB,DO take "tests" ,DO take positions of trust , DO seem above suspicion whether its the police ,the social services ,the clergy , or just seemingly harmless do gooders "helping" kids fishing or a person "running" a kids playgroup/community meeting place/sunday school/ETC/ETC/ETC , ALL should be suspect ,these people are known to be very clever and to "infiltrate" ANY organisations involving kids including the police (as in recent revelations) ,how many more times will we hear after a kid is mollested or killed people saying "i would never have thought that Mr/MISS or MRS XXXX would have done that they seemed so NORMAL ) OFCOURSE THEY SEEM NORMAL thats how they get away with it

my kids wern`t allowed to roam the streets ,we never had a baby sitter ,they never had parties ,they never went on school trips ,they never joined a club ,they never "slept over" at the time they were disapointed by my "harsh" upbringing and addmitted they hated me when they were kids ,NOW they understand i wasnt being "harsh" but "CAREING".

THEY now know that a pervert lived 4 doors away (his identity and background changed by police and social services) not to protect children but to protect him

:mad:

you can bet that a "neighbour" is a pervert in your area maybe they have a little "club" of their own and your kids are soon to be the "entertainment".

YES we do live in a sick society maybe if parents stood back and asked WHY people would like to "help" their kids societies perverts would have a much harder time :mad:

lyn:

I think that is a very badly worded answer. What you are saying is that anyone, like myself organises junior events just to 'get near kids'

Yes Lyn it is a badly worded answer, Chesters worded it so much better than I. And yes what I am saying is that people just like you are involved in these activities just to "get near children", but what I am not saying is that you personally do it for those reasons, those that do outwardly look and act just the same as you or I or even Chesters! This is not as clear cut as cowboys and indians were the the cowboys are white and wear hats, the indians red with feathers in their hair, the only clear cut facts are that the victims are children of both sex's and all ages, whilst the perpetrators are adults of both sexes and all ages.

The last sentence of my previous post was an apology to you for the wording in case the thoughts of someone who sees the world as it really is upset you, once again please accept my apologies if this answer also upsets you.

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Chesters1,

I'm sure you're a CAREING parent. What of those who don't have the benefit of your attention? Seems to me you are ready and willing to write them off. The world is not that simple. Good deeds cannot be defined by the actions of societies maladjusted. I'll bet you don't play the lottery either.

Phone

Hi all,

It would appear I owe Lyn an apology for opening another debate similar to the one she started.Sorry,being new to the forum I didn't mean to say or do anything to offend people I thought that this was the correct way to start things off.I do agree with chesters comment on who judges the judges! very valid point who doe's.

Yes I am a NFA coach and I enjoy being able to put my time to coaching youngsters.I have also recently taken over the Junior section of our local club.I don't have to be qualified in any way to do this or to organise days out for our juniors or to do teach-ins but I do think that with the way the world is today there should be some attempt to ensure the safety of youngsters.I don't think anyone will ever be able to introduce a system that doe's there will allways be some one to beat it Chester, Eddie etc are write in what they have said.It really makes no odds wether you are qualified or not at the end of the day it's all about introducing youngsters or adults for that matter into fishing :)