rigs

CLIFF63

Hi Cliff hope your well. Before being re named by modern carpers to the "Chod" rig the set up was commonly known as a "silt rig"! The depth of the silt needs to be known to fish it properly though as this is what determines the length of the hook link.

I think we've covered how to do this a couple of times recently but if you cant find it just say and I will go through it again.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hi Cliff hope your well. Before being re named by modern carpers to the "Chod" rig the set up was commonly known as a "silt rig"! The depth of the silt needs to be known to fish it properly though as this is what determines the length of the hook link.

I think we've covered how to do this a couple of times recently but if you cant find it just say and I will go through it again.

Thankyou m8 will hav a look

I normally just use a flat Method feeder (Normally Preston Innovations) Get the XL size but the lightest weight and your good to go. A PVA chip on the hook helps to ensure the bait settles gently.

As a tester when I first used it I tied a hooklength with a size 18 hook and single maggot on it... For the feeder I mixed some maggots into my soaked pellets as an attractor... As most of us know... Its easier to catch the little tiddlers, the Carp are much slower (In some cases) so by testing with the single maggot and landing 15 fish within the first 3 mins (Like roach/perch of 1'' in size :lol: I felt very confident my rig was above the silt.

Then it was a case of swapping my hooklength for a size 12 hook, double sweetcorn on the hair rig (Ensuring its the same length or longer) and then adding some squished sweetcorn to my soaked pellets instead...

I figured the lighter feeder with the large flat base would prevent sinking as much. Also although its lighter it can still be used as a bolt rig effectively. Although the feeder is much lighter, the flat base means it doesn't tend to roll when the fish pulls it so you get more resistance on that initial take.

Problem solved... May work for you... Worth a shot though :)

Edited by larsagi2010

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

For me i only ever use two things when theres silt, zig rig or a float rig.

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."