Help required please

Joe Holdsworth

:) Hope this Is O.K Mods! :)

I’m after some help from some of you guy’s.

I am a governor for a Surrey Primary School, we have a large number of pupils who are from a socially disturbed background some with educational and behavioural difficulties.

My aim is to teach small groups of about twelve children aged 9-12 and hopefully give them break from there problems and give them a pastime that they will enjoy as I have maybe even for life.

The sessions will be on a Saturday for about six hours in duration about twice a month starting in mid May. The aim is to teach the children the basics of angling including safety issue’s and countryside awareness in a classroom as an after school activity and then progress to a local venue to allow them to put into practice what they have learnt.

As far as we are aware this is the first school to teach angling as an out of hours learning activity, The Aim is to extend the project to other local schools within the Surrey area and possibly build up a selection of tackle that can be kept in a central location for all to use.

I have approached a couple of large tackle companies to see if any would consider sponsoring a project of this type.

So if you would like to get involved and lend a hand with this worth while project as a volunteer to teach or have any old tackle lurking in a garage or shed that is no longer of use to you and you would like to donate it to a very worthy cause please get in touch. Any help you could give would be genuinely appreciated by the school the children and myself.

I’m sure most of you can still remember that first tiny roach or gudgeon that you caught as a kid and the magical feeling that gave you, wouldn’t it be nice to help someone experience that and maybe create another life long angler.

Thanks for your time in reading this and feel free to get in touch should you wish to help or for more info.

Joe Holdsworth

Joe Holdsworth:

:)    Hope this Is O.K Mods!    :)    

Joe, this post is absolutely fine :) If I lived in the Surrey area I could have helped out myself, but I'm afraid Yorkshire is a bit too far away to commute. Best wishes with your venture though :)

Take care

[ 02. April 2003, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: John S ]

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Joe Holdsworth:

:)   Hope this Is O.K Mods!   :)  

Joe, this post is absolutely fine :) If I lived in the Surrey area I could have helped out myself, but I'm afraid Yorkshire is a bit too far to commute. Best wishes with your venture though :)

Take care

John S

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

According to our John, it's doubly fine :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Where abouts in Surrey? You're not that far from Angling Projects in Wraysbury - would they be able to help/advise??

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Elton:

According to our John, it's doubly fine   :D  

LOL :)

God knows what happened there....

John S

Alan Pearce:

Joe I suggest you make contact with the Professional Anglers Association, they have qualified angling coaches in your region.

The only problem with useing PAA coaches is that they want to charge,which is fair enough as there in it as a buisness,and unfortunatly there just is not the money in the school's budget to pay for out of hours learning activities,I am in the process of trying to get on the NFA coaching course.