maxima for mainline float fishing

Bradford Angler

why winge over the price. if it is the best for a few pennies more then get it.

How many of us tell our local landlord the price of his beer is too much, how many of us have bought a nice winter skin for our bivvy but winge on the price of proper line or good bait?

:confused:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at first I was going to use the word emabarassingly in the below sentence, but because it has never let me down I won't

I am still using the Mullarkey bulk spools I bought 4 years ago. It is green and well underspecced for BS. However, things move on and I thought I would try buying another type of line instead of using the above, interspursed with the free spools on fishing magazines . .

anyway who's tight ?

my next post was going to be

Can anyone tell me a northern shop that sell hooks singularly, used to be one by the local canal, but that closed several years ago. Now I find my vintage hook is blunt . . maybe I can get the oil stone to it one more time :P

Think I will look into the Gold Pro . . thanks Steve I was not aware it came in bulk spools, I have seen it around, but only on the 100m spools. Now I see if they stock bulk at that price, why it maybe beneath the counter

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

Bradford Angler:

Think I will look into the Gold Pro . . thanks Steve I was not aware it came in bulk spools, I have seen it around, but only on the 100m spools. Now I see if they stock bulk at that price, why it maybe beneath the counter

But from Steve B's posting, obviously he's not bought any for a couple of years! I suspect that if you do find Pro Gold, you'll find it more expensive pro rata than Maxima. You did start out by indicating that cost WAS an issue, and that's why I recommended Daiwa Sensor which has most of the virtues of Maxima and ProGold, but at a fraction of the price.

Richard

Just got through, the number for retail purchases is 0121 373 6627

all 100m spools are £4.95 as before (So no increase there richard)

the 500m spools range from £9.95 to £12.95 dependant on breaking strain (the lower ones being cheaper)

the 1000m spools are £14.95 to £18.95

that sounds excellent value to me and I'll be ringing them up today, they dispatch the line same day for delivery withina couple of days.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Phil . .

I notice that the price works out at

a fiver for the first 100m, then the cost of the next 400 meters is another fiver, finally the cost of the last 500 meters is around 3 quid..

do you fancy selling the last 500 meters ??

lets say two fifty, reduction for wear and tear

I will be phoning them tomorrow - - cheers all

I mentioned it a bit further up . .

I have acutally used the bulk spools from Mullarkeys for about 5 yrs in 2, 2.5, 3, and 4

it is very strong and had not let me down. last season I used up my collection of "gathered" spools from the front of magazines (and even a spool of pure white line) from a Marks and Sparks fishing kit. Now that sounds a bit noddy I know. However, I always fill the spool and make sure that it is 1/16" from the rim whenever fishing. However, the hook length and hook patterns I use probably bring me back into the average spending bracket (apart from the 4 spools for a tenner I slipped up and bought at chatsworth last year)

the mullarkeys I used for legering, waggie, stick and pole work - the latter I recently changed to team silstar straight through

Maxima is a fantastic line. I would be at a loss if they ever stopped making it. I even use in in 1 1/2 lb for pole rigs, but I mostly use it in strains of 4lb, 6lb and 8lb for all of my river feeder-fishing. Robust is not the word! Getting snagged up is all part of the fun on many good stretches of the Trent. You can spend a whole season (and more, if you store your reels in the dark) throwing 2oz feeders 60 yards or more. What other lines can take that sort of punishment? Plus, if you shop around, it is possible to buy a 600m bulk spool of 6lb breaking strain for less than £10. What more could you ask?