First floater fish of the "Spring"

WickerDave

Well, the stillwater carp seemed to think it was Spring on Saturday afternoon. A few pieces of bread thrown in brought several carp to the surface, although they were nudging the bread rather than taking it. I did eventually get a lively 6lb common to take the bait at around 16:00.

There were also a few carp cruising the sunny margins. One group was even in the formation they adopt at this water prior to spawning.

Anyone else seeing Spring behaviour?

A large bait on the bottom produced nothing. A small bait on the bottom produced plenty of micro perch and a solitary roach, on a water full of roach, so unfortunately no roach feeding frenzy for me.

A few years back me and me father in law where fishing a carp puddle with ice on the water.

After stuggling for a few hours he chucked in a handfull of jet black floating casters.

Would you belive it, he had carp of all sizes fighting over them after a few minutes

In the end we used poles and freelined casters so they just sat on the water and bagged up.

I think the reason we caught so many was that the sun was out and the upper layers of water were warming up quicker than the lower layers.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!