IE9 problems

Since Microsoft supplied IE9 as a service update I have been unable to watch some streaming videos (Turkish F1 yesterday). I can watch iPlayer and some Utube videos, but some pictures on website come up as a blank screen. It's ok on my laptop running XP and IE7. My desktop runs Windows 7, and until last week IE8. I have googled the problem, and tried all the solutions whilst the F1 was on to no avail. I tried Google chrome and it streamed ok. Most of the solutions seemed to advise cj=hanging Internet Options, removing and reinstalling programs and video drivers. I don't get into that level of expertise on a PC as I am a USER, not a technician, although I did try the Internet Options with no joy. Even the links to the Microsoft help forum had replies from their experts almost washing their hands of the problem and blaming it on Adobe or other suppliers of software. Have they never heard of testing. I am unable to uninstall it as I am loath to fiddle around with the internals. I can use Google Chrome I suppose, but would really like to get IE9 working. Any ideas guys

Ta

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

It now affects my reading of the forums. When I click on the little yellow box to go to unread posts it seems to go in a random places. Again the XP laptop is fine

It now affects my reading of the forums. When I click on the little yellow box to go to unread posts it seems to go in a random places.

Same here but not quite random as it goes to the same old post each time, although sometimes it works perfectly. The view new posts is equally problematic, as is clicking on last post and also mark all posts as read.

I've tried the usual solutions such as logging off and back on, clearing temp files (including with CCleaner), clearing cookies in different ways, plus running extra AV scans (AVG paid for and Malwarebytes) and also shutting down but usually to no avail. Sometimes one or other of these actions helps, especially shutting down, but the problem soon re-emerges.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is another browser.

I'm guessing it's a cookie problem? I've set cookies to medium-high security but allow all cookies from AN.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I'd add that like others have reported elsewhere AN often fails to respond, although IE9 usually manages to recover it itself pretty quickly.

Any ideas?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I'm guessing it's a cookie problem? I've set cookies to medium-high security but allow all cookies from AN.

How does one do that. I couldn't find it in internet options anywhere

How does one do that. I couldn't find it in internet options anywhere

Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, Sites, Address of website, Allow, OK.

I've posted this in Apple Safari after encountering problems with IE9. No such problem with Safari so far.

However Angler's Net is the only site that causes trouble. I installed IE9 at the same time as others were reporting problems on Angler's Net with the clock problem a few weeks ago.

Ideas anyone?

Edited by Steve Burke

It's definitely an IE9 cookie problem. "Mark all posts as read" doesn't work in IE9. If I then click on this in Safari it does work. Then if I go back to IE9 and refresh the page everything has been updated.

Help!

Try setting IE9 to run this site in compatibility mode.

compat.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, I don't have this symbol showing. I just have search, down arrow, refresh, and stop.

However I did a Google search for compatibility mode. I went onto the Windows web site and following instructions went to Control Panel, Programs, Use an older program with this version of Windows. I then followed the Program Compatibility Wizard but Internet Explorer wasn't one of the programs that came up. So I'm still stuck.

In the meantime I'm using Google Chrome. I might change to this permanently but miss certain things on IE.

I suspect though that others are having the same problem as me.

IE9 seems to be a strange beast. I have the compatibility icon that Newt showed. I will try it when I next power up the desktop. I tried the cookie approach to no avail. On both XP and Windows 7 I frequently have to refresh the browser to get rid of the unread posts icon. I will also try Chrome to see if things change (improve)