pole fishing

moth

Hi I'm looking to take up pole fishing and I'm looking for a cheap 11m pole for carp so 20 elastic and a spare top kit for roach ect any idea's and reviews on such a pole , I have most of the other stuff i need such as tackle from coarse and carp fishing so just the pole,spare top kit, elastic and roller is about it I think looking to spead upto £100 cheers

Hi I'm looking to take up pole fishing and I'm looking for a cheap 11m pole for carp so 20 elastic and a spare top kit for roach ect any idea's and reviews on such a pole , I have most of the other stuff i need such as tackle from coarse and carp fishing so just the pole,spare top kit, elastic and roller is about it I think looking to spead upto £100 cheers

Some decent poles at a good price here. I use the Leeda Triumphant Power Carp Pole and it is a good quality powerful pole perfect for carp. At £50 it leaves spare cash to buy more top kits etc.

See here for that one and many more:

Cheshire Fishing

They are friendly and offer a good customer service

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Some decent poles at a good price here. I use the Leeda Triumphant Power Carp Pole and it is a good quality powerful pole perfect for carp. At £50 it leaves spare cash to buy more top kits etc.

See here for that one and many more:

Cheshire Fishing

They are friendly and offer a good customer service

Many thanks for the link :rolleyes:

Many thanks for the link :rolleyes:

Hi Moth

Also have a look at Mullarkeys site ,Ron Thompson gangster carp 11m with accessories £69.99 seems a bargain

klaus

Hi many thanks for your reply's still not sure which one to go for but one thing is for sure I cant wait to start pole fishing :)

I am sure you will enjoy it. I like doing it for a change once in a while and closed season is the perfect time as I cant get on the rivers. If you struggle with anything dont forget to ask on here. There is usually someone who can help. A good idea would be to go into a shop and ask to feel the weight of a few at full length and decide which feels best. I mail ordered mine as I had a fair idea what it would be like to use but for a new comer I would hold a few.

I picked up a Dennan series 7 margin carp 8.5 metre pole today its very light,and look great! the man in Breakaway fishing even put the elastic kit on for me how's that for 1st class service! cant wait to get out this weekend and use it!

Thanks for all your help :D

Whichever pole I go for, do I need to grease the joins so the sections come apart easily, or will that just collect grit and make it worse?

No there is really no need to grease them at all and yes it will certainly retain a lot of dirt and bits that will eventually wear the carbon away and leave you with weak and ill fitting sections and it may even cause the sections to lock together. Just keep the male and female parts of the sections clean and clear of any debris and the job is a good 'un. Even while fishing I am constantly running a towel in the male and female connector to make sure I don't wreck them with a bit of grit getting in there.