Sussex council

Simply by putting "Bexhill-on-Sea Beach Fishing Bye-law" into google, it came up with a load of various angling sites, would it be worth somepne trying to unite these sites (perhaps here on AN) so ideas and proposals can be discussed en masse??

By the way I signed the epetition ;)

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These facts are what the council are proposing to ban angling with, there ain't any recorded problems caused by angling. These facts come straight from the horses mouth. P.s. they are also looking for a bait digging ban in two areas, again, no facts of problems encountered as bait digging did not even get a mention from the horses mouth. So yet again, by-laws are proposed based on assumption. Plenty of laws avalible for use regarding annoyance or assault on people and certainly laws avalible for littering as the councils are very good at dealing with the criminals who drop fag butts.

What these two lines also tell me is that they want by-laws in place because they can't be bothered or police the 'problem' any other way. In other words i can see the ex parking attendants, now enforcement officers, saying to little johnney, you can't bring that fishing rod onto the beach son as you will be fined. Called guilt by association as opposed to the non evidence of someone who has a hole in his head due to a non incident with a flying lead.

quote facts:

Due to the mobile nature of beach management and patrol it is not feasible or practical to record every incident involving fishermen, individuals or other group. There are, therefore, no official statistics available.

Doesn't the scenario of people laying on beaches and swimming in the sea, while anglers cast baited sharp hooks and heavy weights among them, make you think its a generally unsafe and also a bit unsociable ?

You make your case on there being no official statistics available , so its one of those situations where someone has got to be seriously hurt before any action is taken ? :rolleyes:

I think we are in danger of being isolated with this siege mentality.

I didn't sign the petition. :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Anyone know if Neil Smith is pushing for the bream ban at kingmere?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Joint statement by Rother District Council

and

SUSSEX SEA ANGLING NETWORK

June 1 2011

Council and anglers in talks over beach restrictions

Rother District Council and local sea anglers have struck a deal to agree future rules around fishing from Bexhill seafront.

Anglers who disagreed with a draft byelaw to restrict angling from a section of beach during the summer months presented a 150-page petition to the Town Hall on Friday (May 27), in response to the council’s request for opinions as part of a public consultation.

Lead councillor for culture, sport and tourism Martin Kenward and chief executive Derek Stevens immediately invited the anglers inside for a 30-minute informal discussion.

The result was an agreement by anglers and Rother District Council to work together to develop a code of conduct governing beach fishing throughout the district.

Its purpose would be to ask the hundreds of anglers from outside the district who visit Rother’s 15 miles of beaches every year to behave responsibly, as well as reminding resident sea anglers.

The council also agreed to consider erecting signs asking anglers not to fish if crowds are present on busy summertime beaches.

Councillor Kenward indicated there had been a large number of responses to the draft byelaws and the Council would, as a result, contemplate making some changes.

“This is precisely why we look to consult on such matters.” he said. Anglers have made their thoughts very clear and, although they accept we need controls, we can work together to find the best solution.

“The draft byelaws have brought the legitimate concerns of both parties to the surface. Now, by working together, we can overcome any differences to find the best way forward to benefit all beach users.”

Neil Smith, the Bexhill-on-sea angler who has spearheaded the protest campaign with the Sussex Sea Angling Network (SSAN) and the national Angling Trust, was encouraged by the meeting. “We all considered it was perhaps a turning point in this

dispute and we are now hopeful for an outcome that will meet both the council’s concerns and our own.”

END

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

"150 pages", "2000 anglers", I wonder how many of them even know where Bexhill is, let alone fish on the beaches there. :rolleyes:

"150 pages", "2000 anglers", I wonder how many of them even know where Bexhill is, let alone fish on the beaches there. :rolleyes:

Wonder how many anglers responded because they don't wish a presedent set that could have repercussions around the uk. :thumbs:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I don't think any outcome creates a precedent (except perhaps in Bexhill).

This is a local Government decision, not national Government.

I don't think any outcome creates a precedent (except perhaps in Bexhill).

This is a local Government decision, not national Government.

Give 'em an inch. :)

Just wondering how many objections they recieved in relation to their proposels and how many agreed. If it's as i think it is, then the latest responce from the local council is as expected. Instead of saying, yes there were many hundreds of objections we are going to have to think again, they come out with comments such as we will now look at amending our proposels and wish to work with the anglers. I think the anglers have done a good job, at least getting the local council to see a practical solution to a problem instead of issuing blanket rules and regulation, restriction that makes the local auhority the governing body as opposed to, they work for you, don't you think.