Worth anything?

Feederfisher

ive had a clear out of my understair cupboard and need to make some room so need to get rid of some bits i dont use the problem is i dont know if they are worth anything. Most of the stuff was given to me by my pap/dad and i dont know alot about it

here we go:

Diawa graphite 10ft feeder rod

Mitchell Avocet gold 4000 front drag reel with spare spool

Spares and repairs map carptek rd40 missing a handle and half snapped reel arm

Intrepid super trek reel

shakespeare omni rx30 reel

Syntra match 300 reel

Silstar pavero jt340m

ive had a clear out of my understair cupboard and need to make some room so need to get rid of some bits i dont use the problem is i dont know if they are worth anything. Most of the stuff was given to me by my pap/dad and i dont know alot about it

here we go:

Diawa graphite 10ft feeder rod

Mitchell Avocet gold 4000 front drag reel with spare spool

Spares and repairs map carptek rd40 missing a handle and half snapped reel arm

Intrepid super trek reel

shakespeare omni rx30 reel

Syntra match 300 reel

Silstar pavero jt340m

the intrepid super trek is worth a fortune even i dont have that one .

no i lied ....its a super twin i expect .

reels are only really of value when they are rare or in mint condition in a mint box with all the paperwork .

nothing really of much interest except the intrepid to me ignore the reel but has it a box and if so what colour is it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1 What does the intrepid that is worth a lot look like?

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

It's gold-plated and it's been blinged out with diamonds.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

True the guys are joking with each other but equally true is that some reels and other pieces of tackle although costing very little when new sell these days for small fortunes.

For example a Lesney Bread bait press I bought one new back in the early 1960's for about £0.05p Today you will be lucky to buy one £10.00...just give ebay a look

An ABU 484 beach caster rod in very good condition was sold for nearly £400.00 in the last 6 months I bought one new and I still have it unused for under £30.00 but that was in the early 1970's.

A Mitchell 308 cost about £15 new in the late 1960's you will not get a look at a good secondhand one for under £50.00

I promise you the guys are not taking the mick of you

i dont mean to be rude but i think your taking the pee????

im only 19 and some of this stuff is nearly as old as me so i really have no clue

just wanted some help thats all :( ?

I was answering Toady. We're poking fun at Chesters, not you. Calm down young Jedi.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I was answering Toady. We're poking fun at Chesters, not you. Calm down young Jedi.

I feel a disturbance in the force.......

Luke what Chesters says I'm afraid is true the tackle you mention isn't worth anything of note, The old fart is a bit of an expert on Intrepid reels and if there was an Intrepid "Trek" he would have known (Ive never heard of one either) He thinks you've miss read the name on it or not been able to make it out correctly hence his (I thought witty) remark.

But joking aside what has been said about the original box/paper work etc is very true and his request about if you have the box etc what type/condition it is is a serious one. Many collectors will pay a lot more for a good condition original box than they will a reel simply because the boxes (usually discarded when the reel is brought) are far rarer to find! and a good reel in a good box is worth so so much more to a true collector.

There are a lot of very knowledgable guys on here who would never put some one else down for not knowing or asking a question. Most will gladly pass on their knowledge but there is nothing wrong with a bit of humour along the way. ;)

Stick with us and you will see! But mean while check that Intrepid again as if it indeed does say "Trek" you will have Chesters banging on your door with his purse in hand! Put a picture of it up,dont know how then email it to me and I will for you-

Contact Budgie

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

must be a twin then i can only make out the t on it and what must be a w looks like a r :)

what about the diawa rod?

think its worth just putting it as a lot on ebay

thinking doing

all the reels expect the map and mitchell avocet

then the rod?

must be a twin then i can only make out the t on it and what must be a w looks like a r :)

what about the diawa rod?

think its worth just putting it as a lot on ebay

thinking doing

all the reels expect the map and mitchell avocet

then the rod?

You could also put them in the Anglers Net for sale section, but yes if you don't want them sell them look around both ebay and Angler Net to get an idea of the money they may be worth and no doubt you will get lucky with some sales even in a recession.

Try to get a photo of the Intrepid and Chester1 will be able to give you some great advice on it, he really is The Expert when it comes to Intrepid reels.